SOTAwatch Outages Today

In reply to G4ERP:

I seem to use the region and summit pages in a similar fashion to you Richard. For me the link to Get-a-Map is absolutely essential since I am doing uniques and I rarely have a map available for the area. It has certainly saved me a lot of money as I can quickly grab the map for the summit and print it out. The resources are also keenly read to establish the best means of ascent, etc.

For Jon - I posted an activation report on the reflector this morning. It is there since the initial text shows when I place the mouse over the subject, but for some reason I can’t see it when I load the page. Weird or what? Is this what others are seeing?

73, Gerald

Postscript at 08:20z - Weird or what? Mike BLH saw this and managed to post to the thread confirming what I had seen. When I replied to him it corrected itself and Mike’s post disappeared.

In reply to G4OIG:

I’ve already reported this one, yours is the third example I’ve seen, Gerald, but it works now, it seems to clear itself up in something like 10 - 30 minutes. Definately rather strange!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G4OIG:

Hi Gerald,

I removed my post because by the time I had got it on, the problem had disappeared, and I assumed the problem had been at my end HI. Clearly not !!
Incidentally, my ‘new message’ mentioning the problem appeared immediately, but by then your initial posting was visible.

Regards, Mike G4BLH

In reply to G8ADD:

Dont know if its just me, but Ive noticed lately that I cant “see” new messages posted on the reflector for up to 20 mins. I can see the first few lines of them when I mouse-over on the reflector latest (left hand pane) but when you open the thread, there`s nothing there.

In reply to G1INK:
Not just you Steve. I’m just going to test a thread then delete it. I’m sure Jon will have a look at it.

73 Marc G0AZS

In reply to G1INK:
same problem here as well

Graham G3OHC

PS but this one was OK - it was there straight away !

In reply to G3OHC:

If I post, I can see my own message straight away, it`s just other ones that are delayed - maybe we just need more patience.

In reply to G4OIG:

In reply to G4ERP:

I seem to use the region and summit pages in a similar fashion to you
Richard. For me the link to Get-a-Map is absolutely essential since I
am doing uniques and I rarely have a map available for the area. It
has certainly saved me a lot of money as I can quickly grab the map
for the summit and print it out. The resources are also keenly read to
establish the best means of ascent, etc.

Yes, I work in a similar way to Gerald. As well as the Get-a-Map link
I also find the Google Maps links useful, though it was better when it
went directly to the summit. If there are aerial photos it is sometimes
possible to see the terrain and possible paths, which is useful for
planning routes to less popular summits.

I would also find it useful if the index page of summits for a region
indicated if there were any resources for a summit, as well as the current
information.

Caroline
M3ZCB

I was just trying to read G3CWI’s post of 14 minutes ago on “GM/SS146 Ailsa Craig” and it didn’t come up, although I could see it by moving the mouse over it, but it is not in the list - like the problem a few days ago.
It is there now - some 20 minutes later

Graham G3OHC

In reply to G4ERP:

In no specific order - and probably forgetting some in my haste:

Hello Jon et al

One feature that we used to have but that disappeared a while back, was the ability to list summits within 5,10 and 25km of a given summit. I always found this very helpful for uniques. I don’t find the current lat/long based search system anywhere near as useful.

Also, on the maps a marker showing the hill summit would be useful.

Thanks in anticipation!

Richard
G3CWI