SOTAwatch Outages Today

In reply to MM0FMF:
For the previous I had text after the line with quotes. After I had posted it the quotes were OK so I edited it and deleted the last line of normal text, went in and out of spell check and then slashes appeared when I posted. Editing it and adding the last line made the single slashes into triples.

Andy

In reply to GM4ZFZ:
Hi Jon
I think I’ve found another glitch - just checking Summits worked and it seems that the listing is not being updated, for example - on 3/8/09 I worked G4ERP on G/LD-051 and also DL/PA3FYG on DM/BW-313 both being unique for me, but the listing shows them as still being needed.

73 Graham G3OHC

In reply to MM0FMF:

In reply to MM0FMF:
For the previous I had text after the line with quotes. After I had
posted it the quotes were OK so I edited it and deleted the last line
of normal text, went in and out of spell check and then slashes
appeared when I posted. Editing it and adding the last line made the
single slashes into triples.

OK, think I’ve nailed it this time!

73, Jon

In reply to G3OHC:

I think I’ve found another glitch - just checking Summits worked and
it seems that the listing is not being updated, for example - on
3/8/09 I worked G4ERP on G/LD-051 and also DL/PA3FYG on DM/BW-313 both
being unique for me, but the listing shows them as still being needed.

Thanks Graham. I had hoped no-one would notice this!

This will fix itself once I set up the automated nightly processes that do stuff like pull in the latest chaser logs and send out the digest emails etc. Hoping to get this done today.

73, Jon

In reply to GM4ZFZ:
Cheers Jon, no problem, I thought it might be due to the overnight update, but thought I’d mention it in case you hadn’t noticed it.

Many thanks

73 Graham

In reply to GM4ZFZ:
I received the Daily Digest overnight as usual this morning. Thank’s for fixing it Jon.

Phil

In reply to GM4ZFZ:

With the recent debate about “listing of first activator” on the summit details, there are, or were 2 ways of looking at the info. The first (incorrect method) is through the drop down list on this page. The second method which used to show the correct order (ie by time & date) was through the database by finding the summit & then clicking on info. I have just tried this method on a few summits but I`m getting a “page can not be displayed” message. Maybe a glitch from the server change over??

In reply to G1INK:

I’m not getting that far, Steve, it’s timing out for me!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G1INK:

Clicking on the info link gives an address something like - http://sotawatch.org/summits.php?summit=G/WB-021

Each link is missing the word live, e.g. - http://live.sotawatch.org/summits.php?summit=G/WB-021

Simples. Squeak!

Aleksandr
Meerkat Technology

In reply to G4OIG:

Hi Gerald - adding “live” to the url just points you back to the same summit info page with the “wrong” first activator info. Going through the database used to point you to a different summit info page where the activators were listed in the correct order - ie when 2 activators did a virgin summit, the one with the earlier times got the credit for being first. Maybe this other page is now redundant as part of the upgrades & improvements. This topic was discussed in a thread started by a HA staion a year or two ago, but I can`t find it.

In reply to G1INK:

Hi Steve,

I don’t ever recall seeing those pages. Maybe just because I haven’t tried or maybe it was before my time, Hi Hi! With regards to the previous thread on the subject, maybe you should look on the old reflector. Time flies when you’re having fun. Was it really 2006 when I started???

73, Gerald

In reply to G1INK:

I have just tried this method on a few summits
but I`m getting a “page can not be displayed” message. Maybe
a glitch from the server change over??

I struggling to see this. Where exactly are you clicking?

Sorry to be thick!

73, Jon

In reply to GM4ZFZ:
Hi, Jon. Try Database>Summits>List of summits>Association>Region>summit name>info. I don’t get what Steve got, it just times out for me!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

I wonder whether Steve is looking for the information given under History rather than Info on the page which is accessed thus -

Database>Summits>List of all summits>Association>Region>Summit name>History

I don’t recall seeing anything other than that info and the info given on the individual summit pages. You pre-date me as far as SOTA is concerned Brian, so maybe you know more.

Anyway, the Info link is broken as Aleksandr has said… darn Meerkat used my log-in details. Sergey must have hacked my account!

Gerald

In reply to G4OIG:

Possibly, Gerald, he did say info. I’ll try it.

You will have to mount a stuffed eagle above your computer, Sergey will not like that. Simples!

Brian G8ADD

PS in edit: you are right, it comes up OK in History!

In reply to GM4ZFZ:

Jon - Brian had the correct sequence of clicks. I`ve tried at home on Firefox where it times out, at work on IE it gives the page can not be displayed message. However, in the past it used to point to a summit info page slightly different to the one you get going through the home page. Maybe this is redundant now, but if so maybe you can re-direct the link to the “new” info page. Obviously the message you see is browser dependant.

In reply to G1INK:

Got it.

I have changed the DNS for http://sotwatch.org/ It might take a day or for it to propogate but after that it should be fine I think. Let’s check tomorrow.

Meanwhile, sticking the ‘www’ in the address bar of your browser should solve the problem.

I am also gradually putting together a new summit page on the website with some new mapping options. Try here: Summits on the Air
Click on a summit.

Any suggestions since I am starting from scratch here? Btw, this will eventually replace the SOTAwatch summits page once complete and everyone is happy with it.

73, Jon

In reply to GM4ZFZ:

Hi, Jon.

For me a re-creation of all the features found on the current page would be great. Trying your new one makes me realise how much I use it.

In no specific order - and probably forgetting some in my haste:

On the region pages:

1. The number of times I have activated and chased each summit.
  2. The number of times each summit has been activated.
  3. The addition of a date for the last activation.

On each summit page:

1. The NGR, Locator and WAB square etc.
  2. Who first activated it.
  3. When it was last activated.
  4. A link to GetaMap. I use this mapping most.
  5. Links to any resources for the summit.

73, Richard

Hi

not sure if this is covered above but here goes anyway the extra info links on summit report (AKA summit history) pages i.e.

http://database.sota.org.uk/summitReport2.aspx?returnUrl=SummitReport.aspx&summitid=1263

don’t work. It appears there is a missing www at the start of the URL e.g.

http://sotawatch.org/summits.php?summit=G/CE-005

should (probably) read

http://www.sotawatch.org/summits.php?summit=G/CE-005

Rick.

In reply to GM4ZFZ:

I have changed the DNS for http://sotwatch.org/ It might take a day or
for it to propogate but after that it should be fine I think. Let’s
check tomorrow.

These links now work.

73, Jon