SOTA leaflet

A revised version of the SOTA leaflet is now available at Summits on the Air
I have used photographs from the SOTA Flikr stream - I trust this is OK with the copyright owners

Barry GM4TOE

4 Likes

Thanks Barry,
By the way there’s a typo on the page - you have written leafelt instead of leaflet.

Is there no German version of the leaflet? I see English, French, Russian and Dutch only on the page.

73 Ed.

Thanks Barry / MT - copied to my Twitter feed: G4OBK Twitter Feed

73 Phil

If there is no German version, then nobody has offered to translate it yet. The other language versions are now out of date and will need updating. If anyone wants to translate the new version into other languages contact the MT and we can take it from there.

Nice. Is this a leaflet to hand out to radio amateurs at events or members of the public on hilltops?

HI Andy

I will translate it to Portuguese.

Pedro, CT1DBS/CU3HF

1 Like

Yes! I have given out copies of the old leaflet when giving talks and always carry a few in my rucksack.

Doh!

Doesn’t matter how many people look at things there is always an error :cry:

2 Likes

I remember my xyl Cat reading a book by a budding author and it was full of speeling mistooks and gramner earors everywhere, she gave up with it eventually.

1 Like

Thanks Barry

Allan GW4VPX

A flier in English with photographs does exist, though I do not know where the file is nowadays, I still have a few copies in my rucksack. It covers both sides of an A4 sheet, printed in columns so that a double fold makes it more compact. There was talk a few years ago of updating it but I think that the project got pushed to the back of the queue!

Is this what you meant Brian?

There’s a few language versions there…

I can open only the english version … :worried:

Well, if you feel some day like resuming with this idea, I would volunteer to prepare a version in Spanish language, should you wish to print one.

Guru

I opened the next four language versions without a problem using Adobe Acrobat DC (19.012).

Yes, that’s the one - I completely forgot where it was, brain fade I guess. Guru, there is a Spanish version.

Just downloaded and now that I’ve seen it, I believe I had seen it before. I had completely forgotten about it.
I have spotted a couple or three typos. Do you know who made that Spanish version or do you have a way to get the original edittable document, not a .pdf so I can correct those typos?
Thanks and 73,

Guru

That’s me, my dear friend ;o)

I just need to find where I left the original file in my computer in case you want to correct the typos. I have just seen some of them now…

1 Like

Otherwise I just tested it and it worked to edit (at least the Spanish pdf) with Libre Office Draw

@Moderators: Maybe split of the discussion about the leaflet to a seperate thread. Thanks

Joe

I hold the master copies of these leaflets. I know there is an error in the Dutch version but I have not done anything about it.

Printed copies of the English version were made available and should have been at the Blackpool Rally. If there is sufficient demand I will arrange to update them (and obtain translations) and produce some printed versions.

Can somebody please move the posts on this topic to a new thread, I cannot do it