SOTA LD Weekend, Spring 2024

I’d like to propose the weekend of Sat 18th and Sun 19th May 2024 for the Spring SOTA LD Weekend. I’ve ruled out The Fred Whitton, Great North Swim and Lap - they are not on this weekend.

5 Likes

18th/19th May is one of the largest 2m contests in IARU region1. Sorry wont be there on those days.

Interesting that the WA7BNM Contest Calendar: 12-Month Calendar doesn’t have that listed. There are only a couple of RSGB contests in there.

1 Like

'coz they’re all HF contests on that site!

@M0NOM Whether your proposed dates or close by, fortunately I’ll be back in the UK and very interested in attending another G/LD event.

1 Like

This retirement’s hard work. :wink: I think I’m already booked for this w/e (tbc). Might be able to chase from another region.

Have fun

2 Likes

Thanks Mark again for organising. Too early yet to confirm but likely I’ll be there. How was the hill today - very cold on Burnhope Seat!

Thank you for organising again, it’s the Keswick Mountain Festival weekend so the Borrowdale Valley will be busy. Unfortunately I’m working all weekend at the festival, but on comms so I might be able to chase.

Ok, sounds like I need to make another suggestion, thought I’d checked that, so don’t book anything I’ll come up with an alternative date. No point in competing with others for accommodation but finding a free date is a pita!

3 Likes

Have you had any further thoughts on alternative dates?

1 Like

OK, 22nd/23rd June 2024 is the next date I have available, so will suggest that as an alternative.

Regards, Mark.

3 Likes

Looks OK to me, thanks Mark

2 Likes

Super. Liz and I have booked accommodation in Windermere for the weekend 22nd and 23rd June. Liz’s knee is not good so we will be keeping to the lower fells. We would like to join everyone for food and drinks.

Thanks Mark.

73, Kevin

Oh well,
Cannot have everything, I am booked for a river cruise / birthday party on the Elbe in Hamburg.
Sigh Sigh
David

1 Like

Either of the May or June dates can work for me, but would be good for me if it was possible to firm up on one of them by the end of April.

1 Like

Hi Alex, 22nd and 23rd June is now the date.
Regards, Mark.

2 Likes