SOTA international net - Saturday 1900z

The next international chatter for SOTA enthusiasts will be 1900z (8pm here in the UK). It will be hosted on M1EYP’s Echolink node 617001. All welcome.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:

…only if you have configured your node to allow conferencing!

Richard
G3CWI

Naturally!

Anyone who sees this, this morning, is welcome to log to Echolink node 617001 to help me test that it is working properly.

Cheers,

Tom M1EYP

Apologies. Telephone rang and I needed to attend to it. Thanks to Roger and Carolyn for the test. I see Martyn is connected now…

Tom M1EYP

“Learning curve” :wink:

Thous shalt not yadder on for more than 3 minutes.

Apologies all (again). I am learning what I need to learn for tonight.

Tom

More settings altered to best fit what we need. Thanks to all who helped test this morning - much appreciated. Catch you on the net this evening.

Tom M1EYP
Echolink node 617001

In reply to M1EYP:
Tom ill be in but just listening, having some issues with my headset.
Thanks for putting on the net!!

Adrian
MM0TAI

In reply to MM0TAI:

Thanks Adrian, please call in if you get your issues sorted out.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:
Sorry Tom can not join you this week its our wedding anniversary hope to join in soon all the best Dave M3XIE

In reply to M1EYP:
Ive connected my heil headset but even with the mic input maxed out the audio from ‘echotest’ seems quiet, audible but quiet. So I spotted a microsoft one in tesco last night, if I get time I’ll nip out and give it a go!

Adrian

OK, everything seems to be working, and the net is about to start.

This week’s suggested topics (from me) are:

1. Who can volunteer to run the net either or both of the next two weeks (I am away on holiday)?

2. Signal reporting (re this week’s reflector thread)

Topics are not limited to those of course. Feel free to raise any SOTA topic.

73, Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:

Funny Tom I can connect to the echotest server and that is fine but I can’t connect to your node.

Andy
MM0FMF

Thanks to all who joined this week’s net:

MW0IDX, M3EYP, G6WRW, G1FOA, M1MAJ, G0HRT, MM0FMF, EA1GHE, W4MPS & G3CWI.

It might be an idea now to use this thread to discuss:

1. Ideas for discussion topics for next week’s net.
  2. Volunteers for net control for next week’s net.

I’m probably out of the picture for 3 weeks now.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:
Sorry Tom I couldn’t get into the net, technically I’m /A and didn’t realise I would have networking issues too, nevermind.
What did I miss?
Adrian

Is anyone stepping forward to host the SOTA international Echolink net for this Saturday?

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:

Any update on who will be hosting this Saturday’s net on echolink?

I do have an account but have only recently started using it again, if there are no other takers I will have a go in the chair if I am available.

I am very rarely online & will need to sort out my settings for conference mode.

Best 73,

Mark G0VOF

In reply to G0VOF:

Any update on who will be hosting this Saturday’s net on echolink?

I could provide a node with decent bandwidth but I don’t want to commit to being net controller because I won’t be able to give it undivided attention.

Just back from Scotland.

In the event of nothing certain happening with the net, people are welcome to log into G3CWI-L tonight and have a random chat. I will listen in. I wonder if Tom W4/M1EYP will find us?

Richard
G3CWI

Echolink G3CWI-L 611072

In reply to G3CWI:

Hi Richard, I cannot connect to your node, I get the message that it is busy?

If there are problems at that side I don’t mind attempting to host the net?

Mark G0VOF

In reply to G0VOF:
Hi mark, i couldnt see richards node at all, and connected to yours thinking the net would be there, still have no mic here so i was hoping to just listen in

adrian