SOTA international net - Saturday 1900z

I am unable to connect to G3CWI-L & I assume others will also be unable to connect.

I am willing to host s short net on my node if anybody does want a quick chat.

My node number is 3628

Currently 3 connected.

Best 73,

Mark G0VOF

Richard can you try to connect your node to 44310?

Jimmy M3EYP in W4

In reply to M3EYP:

Hi Jimmy,

Could you try calling node 3628

That is my node & is in use at the moment.

73 Mark G0VOF

In reply to M3EYP:

44310 is offline!

Richard
G3CWI

A huge thank you to all stations who joined the net tonight.

It got off to a bit of a shaky start but finally we managed to connect using my node (3628), which has never been used for conferencing & had not been tested for that purpose!

With about 10 minutes to go before the net started I loaded Echolink on my netbook, but after configuring everything I realized I would still need to set up port-forwarding on my router, so I ended up using my normal PC which is some distance from my operating position, hence I almost needed binoculars to see the text HI!

It seems that the general consensus is that a different “chair person” or “net controller” each week would be a good idea so as to share the workload, & as mentioned a few times, you do not need a well equipped station in order to do this, only a good internet connection & correctly configured Echolink software.

Stations joining the net tonight were G1FOA Peter, MM0TAI Adrian, G0HRT Rob, G3CWI Richard (who also linked his node to mine to enable other stations to join), KD8QOI Matt, MW0IDX Roger, & finally G0FXR Roy, who although he didn’t join in was listening for a short while.

Tonights net at just over an hour & a quarter was good fun & some interesting topics were discussed.

Sadly, Tom & Jimmy did not manage to join the net from Florida, despite our best efforts.

Once again Thanks all & best 73,

Mark G0VOF

In reply to G0VOF:

I thought you did a fine job Mark! Thanks for taking it on at such short notice.

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to M3EYP:

Try connecting to mine for a test!

Richard
G3CWI

Tom made contact with me via echolink this evening so he is hopeful of joining the net on Saturday (if there is one).

If anyone wants to chat to him, try K4ZPZ-R.

Richard
G3CWI