SOTA DXCCs from G

OK Steve,

Not quite 20K! Of your 19463 SOTA activator QSOs, 12314 of them are from G summits. In these, you have:

5B, 9A, 9H, 9Y, CN, CT3, DL, EI, E7, EA, EA6, EA8, ER, ES, EU, F, G, GD, GI, GJ, GM, GU, HA, HB0, HB, I, IS0, LA, LX, LY, OE, OH, OK, OM, ON, OZ, PA, PY, RA, S5, SM, SP, SV, SV9, TA, TF, UA9, UR, YL, YO, YV and ZC4.

Very impressive. No EA9 though, so that was maybe from a GW, GM or DL summit? Interesting that your EA6 in 2006 was the same as I worked this morning - EA6UN.

I will edit your extra ones into the master list.

Tom

With G1INK’s six extra ones:

68 DXCCs worked from G SOTA activations:

4X, 5B, 9A, 9H, 9M2, 9Y, A6, C3, CN, CT, CT3, D4, DL, E7, EA, EA6, EA8, EI, ER, ES, EU, F, G, GD, GI, GM, GW, GU, HA, HB, I, IS0, LA, LX, LY, LZ, OA, OE, OH, OK, OM, ON, OX, OZ, PA, PY, RA, S5, SM, SP, SV, SV9, T7, TA, TF, UA2, UA9, UN, UR, VE, W, YL, YO, YU, YV, ZA, ZB, ZC4.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:
This list not due an update? Sean M0GIA

I can add LU to the list (as I know a few others can this year as well).

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:
And JA? Sean M0GIA

Forgot about that one. There’s one from the West Indies as well. Probably loads more that the SOTA G community at large have worked.

Tom M1EYP

You may add Z3 on the list of SOTA DXCCs from G.
I have worked G1INK/p and G3NYY/p.

This topic give me inspiration to see how many SOTA DXCCs have by myself from Z3.
For only 22 SOTA activations and 1244 QSOs in the LOG I found 49 DXCCs worked so far (DL, G, F, HB9, OK, PA, ON, 9A, OE, SM, YO, HA, I, LZ, LA, S5, UT, YU, UA1/3/4/6, SP, OM, UA9/0, LY, SV, EW, EA8, OH, UN, YL, Z3, VU2, GM, LX, OH0, 4L, CT, OZ, 4Z, EI, ER, UA2, GW, SV5, SV9, JA, 4O, IS0, EX, EA).
My best single SOTA activation ended with 37 DXCCs worked (257 QSOs).

Vlado, Z35M

I must check my latest DXCC-from-SOTA-activations total. I can’t remember where it’s at, but pretty sure it’s well over 100.

On tonight’s activation of The Cloud G/SP-015, I worked an ATNO - Antarctica. Felix DP1POL was worked on 30m CW. Brazil was also worked, but the only other contacts came from EA7 and a narrowboat a couple of miles away!

1 Like

I worked FM last year.

Nick G4OOE

We’ve all worked FM Nick. I’ve worked FM on 24GHz.

Oh that FM :blush:

:slight_smile:

1 Like

FB Andy - Hi Hi - I was just about to add Martinique in brackets but your post beat me. I worked FM/HB9BHU/P Fredi S2S from G/TW-004.

2 Likes

I have certainly chased G summits (among others) from Kenya, either working as 5Z4/M0LEP or as 5Z90IARU…

1 Like

A few others I have found include JA, VK, YB and ZL

2 Likes

Hi,
I reply as a QRP chaser from ON with 5W QRP and 3m whip antenna, in time 25 months:
WWFF: chased 26 DXCC
SOTA : chased: 146 SOTA regions, 27 DXCC, 682 unique summits.

Patrick ON4BCA

4 Likes

I just nipped out to Cloud summit to try my luck. I only had the Alexloop with me, not any of my 10/12/15 GP antennas that would have been better.

10/12 had died by the time I was QRV at 1800z but 15/17/20 all had lots of NA/SA activity. I failed to attract any replies to my CQs, or get my own replies heard.

I ended up making just one QSO on 30, with DL/OE2BVG. What with me using /P, it was fiddly for both of us to complete the QSO, but we managed it.

Not very successful outing, but enough encouragement to try again with a better antenna choice. The Alexloop was great for a cruise ship balcony looking out over salt water with a very distant horizon, but it’s no match for a quarter-wave vertical with groundplane when on a hilltop.

2 Likes