SOTA DXCCs from G

I wonder what the full list and total is, for DXCCs worked from English SOTA activations? There’s no easy way for me to trawl the Database for this info, so maybe we can do it in this thread.

I’ll start with my own list of 32 DXCCs worked from G SOTA activations:

G, GW, GD, GI, GM, EI, GU, ZB, F, DL, PA, ON, LA, SM, OH, LX, SP, HA, S5, I, EA, CT, UT, RA, OM, OK, 9A, YU, HB, OE, LZ, K

Please reply to this topic with any additional DXCCs you have worked from G SOTA activations, not listed in mine above. Loads of scope left there - as you can see, I’ve hardly worked any DX on SOTAs! Note, only from G association summits. If anyone wants to start additional topics to collect the data for another entity, feel free.

Hopefully the results will form some interesting stats for Roy’s news.

Thanks, Tom

2 Likes

In reply to M1EYP:

My list is almost identical, but I can add LY.

73 de Les, G3VQO

In reply to M1EYP:
Hi Tom

Looking at your list (and assuming your RA is European Russia) I can add UA9 (Asiatic Russia) and LY.

You might need to be more specific with your list :slight_smile:

i.e. HB9 or HB0? OH or OH0? EA, EA6, EA8 or EA9? …and the Russian example above too. etc

This could get fun.

73 Marc G0AZS

1 Like

FB Roger. But in true DXCC tradition, you start counting again from a different DXCC entity, so we don’t want any of yours on here thank you…:wink:

Thanks for the addition of LY Les, and UA9 Marc. Marc, just assume that HB = Switzerland, RA = European Russia, EA = Spain, OH = Finland. If I’d have worked any of HB0, UA9, EA6, EA8, EA9, OH0 etc, then I’d have included them individually.

NB - OZ edited out of my original list - error.

Tom

1 Like

In reply to M1EYP:

NB - OZ edited out of my original list - error.

In that case, please add OZ from me!!

73 de Les

1 Like

I’ve worked TF
from Charlie

Hi Tom, ive wkd C3,

73 de Geoff G4CPA

1 Like

In reply to G4CPA:
EI is one i dont see if that counts. Sean

It does, and it’s in my list (6th one in). I’ve worked it many times on HF and VHF, SSB, CW & FM from SOTA summits!

Tom

In reply to M1EYP:
HOW ABOUT OZ ON 60 METERS ?
WORKED THIS 2 TIMES
73 DAVE

1 Like

In reply to M1EYP:
Oooops! EI i see it now…Doh! Sean

In reply to M1EYP:

I got a UY, a UA and a 9A from Foel Fenlli two & a half years ago, who’s starting the other list?

YU from Freeholds Top this weekend…but you’ve already got one of those…

M0EIQ

In reply to M1EYP:

This was a productive exercise for me. In browsing through my portable log, I noticed a pre-SOTA 2m QSO with the Isle of Man that I had overlooked. A QSL card is now winging its way to the island to gain a confirmation!

Thanks Tom.

73 de Les, G3VQO

In reply to M1EYP:
Just double checked my activator log again and turned up another one:

E7, Bosnia-Herzegovina.

73 Marc G0AZS

In reply to M1EYP:
Hi Tom

Just back from a trip to SP-010 and NP-032. Will check my DXCCs when I get chance and advise if there are any new ones amongst them in addition to the ones put forward so far - a nice idea, and something else to “chase” when we are on the hills.

Phil

Added OZ and EA8 this afternoon myself, which was nice, but couldn’t get the V5…!

Tom

1 Like

In reply to M1EYP:

Hi Tom

Here are 4 DXCC Countries I have worked which I don’t think are already registered:

UA2 Kaliningrad (2 stns worked CW)
UN Kazakh (2 stns worked CW)
YL Latvia (1 stn worked CW)
YO Roumania (2 stns worked CW)

This is from my 35 HF activations conducted on SOTA so far.

73 Phil

1 Like

I only discovered when I got home, and looked it up, that V5 was actually Namibia! Makes me wish I’d stayed a while longer and doubled my efforts to work him. Mind you, it was probably unlikely with my 5 watts. He was a great signal with me on The Cloud though.

Tom

1 Like

OK, my full list (34) is now:

G, GW, GD, GI, GM, EI, GU, ZB, F, DL, PA, ON, LA, SM, OH, LX, SP, HA, S5, I, EA, CT, UT, RA, OM, OK, 9A, YU, HB, OE, LZ, K, OZ, EA8

…with the following also worked by other G SOTA ops:

LY, UA9, TF, C3, T9, UA2, UN, YL, YO.

So between us we have worked 43 DXCCs while activating in G. I’m sure we can add to that with more activators checking the list add submitting their “adds”.

M0GIA and myself were toying with the idea of doing a long activation sometime in the CQWW weekends to see what we can do. Only thing is, we would have to be moving around ‘chasing’ the big guns rather than trying to hold our own frequency, and it will be cold!

Tom M1EYP

1 Like

In reply to M1EYP:

Hi Tom

Well it is the CQ WW SSB contest in 8 days time which will effectively wipe out SOTA activity on 40m from about 7015 upwards.

GL 73
Roy G4SSH/A
Cornwall