SOTA booth at the HAM RADIO 2023 in Friedrichshafen

In the meantime, donations reached the incredible ammount of 600 € :tada: :partying_face: :champagne: :balloon:
Thank you so much, I don’t know what else to say!
The latest donors are Michael (SWL), Ed @DD5LP, Anita @HB9HBU and Jean-Pierre @HB9HBV :blush:
Please stay tuned, we are about to release a really nice surprise in a few days! (and it is not that Marcel and me are going to spend a few weeks in the Caribbean :wink: )

In case more people are interested in taking over a shift (or more), here - again - is the link to the poll: https://bitpoll.de/poll/OT54TlX5wT/
It would be great if a few more people could sign up so others don’t have to spend the whole day at the booth :wink:

Finally, I would like to repeat Sylvia’s request:

Thanks to all! I’m really looking forward to meeting you in Friedrichshafen (only about 6 weeks to go :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face: :slightly_smiling_face:)
73, Roman

6 Likes

A short note to all who are travelling down the A96 Motorway to Friedrichshafen next month for “Ham Radio 2023”.
As of today (15th. May 2023), major roadworks have started to resurface a long section of the motorway around Mindleheim - this work will continue until October and MAJOR delays are expected in busy times.
So those who were planning 2 hours for the trip from Munich to Friedrichshafen, I’d add another hour into your plan to be safe.

73 Ed DD5LP.

1 Like

Me and Paul W6PNG are coming via Geneva again. So that’s HB/SO etc. completes bagging on the way and the Konstanz/Meersburg ferry. We still have to suffer the A31 around the lake however :frowning:

1 Like

I am not local but what about this one here:
https://www.traube-ailingen.de/

It is not so far of from the fair like the one used some years back.
Any experiences?

73 Joe

2 Likes

Yes, I can recommend Traube in Ailingen. Nice food with Croatian touch.
They have a lovely beer garden under a large lime tree. But you have to book in advance as they only have a limited number of tables and there is no chance to get a table when just walking in.

73 de Michael, DB7MM

1 Like

Great because I will stay there overnight :slight_smile:

Looking at pre-cov19 times I guess we could expect like 20-25 guests for a a SOTA dinner?

Only people that actually visit the Ham Radio fair please answer:

• I would join a dinner on Friday
  • I would join a dinner on Saturday

0 voters

3 Likes

If you want to arrive in FN in time, you better let him do the navigating. :wink:

Yes, you do all your road numbers wrong in Germany, you really should fix that so the prefixes match ours. Then there’d be no confusion.

In Germany all motorways from north to south, e.g. the A1, have odd numbers.
Even numbers run from west to east, e.g. the A4.

Long-distance federal motorways always have one digit, regional motorways two digits, feeder motorways three digits.

73 Armin

5 Likes

Hello all.

The list of exhibitors is now officially “online”.

You will find the SOTA stand at A1-190 in the “ZEPPELIN CAT Hall A1”.

We are looking forward to meeting you at the stand. More information and a little surprise about the stand will follow in the next few days. Stay tuned and visit us.

Marcel DM3FAM

2 Likes

Here’s the English version of the page:
HAM Radio Friedrichshafen | The HAM RADIO (hamradio-friedrichshafen.com)

At 11 am on Saturday there will be live coverage of a balloon launch, but It’s not clear if the balloon will be launched from the event or from elsewhere, I suspect the latter as the entry says “ubertragung”. In previous years (not for the last three I think ) the launch has been from the Ham Radio - next to the biergarten and it was always a highlight of the show for me. It also does not clash with the SOTA forum and if live at the event would fit nicely before the SOTA Meet-up at noon.

I think several of the items in the calendar may have additional information added in the next few days, but it’s good to see at least the list of all the exhibitors traders and lectures to be able to plan the visit.

73 Ed.

5 Likes

Take 2
 managed to spill tea over laptop keyboard. Laptop stripped, cleaned, dried and reassembled. :frowning:

Prices seem steep this year for a 3 day pass. But as I am half retired, do I qualify for the pensioner rate? What’s the definition of pensioner (rentner?) in Germany?

EDIT: It’s really cool the Messe website is also in English, that’s very nice of them to do that.

I would expect the ticket office would like to see a pension card, which you get in Germany as a 65th birthday present

If you have your passport or ID card to show you are over 65, you may get the reduced price but no promises.

They actually knock a further €3 off the price if you buy the 3-day ticket through the online shop - I wonder how they check you are a pensioner (“Rentner”) there?

If you have taken early retirement (before 65) I suspect you wont get the reduced price without showing a pensioners card to prove you are no longer working full-time.

73 Ed.

1 Like

I got the “Rentner” tariff last year, since I was really retired, but I wasn’t over 65 then (now I am ! :slight_smile: ).
I bought my ticket online, and no one ever checked at the door.

Luc ON7DQ

2 Likes

Many thanks to the last donors, Petr @OK1CZ, Coen @PA5KM and also Stephan @HB9EAJ. Thank you for your financial support! We look forward to meeting you at the stand.

We last wrote to you that there will be a little surprise :question:

There will be a small raffle at the stand. For a small donation you can take part in the raffle - it’s worth it :slightly_smiling_face: At the booth there will be a box from which the winners will be drawn. Just stop by and join in.

Of course, what is there to win :interrobang:

We have two main prizes :smiley:

Firstly, a BaMaKeY TP-III morse key from Bamatech.net. And of course not just any. It is one of the special edition in green with a unique engraving for Ham Radio 2023! This key should not be missing in any collection. Many thanks to Markus @DL6YYM for this key which you can win :+1: :beers: :smiley:

And secondly a Pico Paddle from Palm Radio in a silver aluminium case, also a special edition! This key is also a must-have in every collection. Many thanks to Hannes @DL9SCO for this key which you can win :smiley: :+1: :beers:

Excluded from the raffle are, unfortunately, the booth staff and the Orga Team of the booth - sri :wink:

The raffle will take place on Sunday, 25.06.2023 at the stand at about 14:30. If the winner is not present, the prize will be sent to him/her :outbox_tray:

We look forward to meeting you at the exhibition stand and keep our fingers crossed for one of these prizes for each participant :four_leaf_clover:

Marcel DM3FAM es Roman DL3TU and of course on behalf of the Orga Team and the stand staff.

11 Likes

Like so?

6 Likes

Hello together. Now something for the eye :face_with_peeking_eye: Here are the latest pictures of the SOTA Ham Radio 2023 TP-III Morse key from Bamatech.net that you can win at the booth.

Serial Number 966.

Thanks again to Bamatech.net Markus @DL6YYM for this nice prize. Many people already know him. Bamatech.net offers high quality morse keys and other equipment like flight decks for logging, feed antennas, equipment housings and various portal accessories for radio amateurs. Markus always has an open ear for questions and wishes.

We keep our fingers crossed for all participants! :four_leaf_clover:

73 Marcel DM3FAM es Roman DL3TU and on behalf of the organising team.

7 Likes

Many thanks to the latest donors Sabina @S53YL with Milos @S57D and Christian @DK5CH. Thank you for your financial support! We look forward to meeting you at the stand.

Following a query from Sylvia @OE5YYN, the planning of this year’s SOTA Dinner has been taken in hand by Joe @OE5JFE. After a survey it became serious. For more info and registration, see this post here on Reflecor:

73 Marcel DM3FAM

4 Likes

Our SOTA stand will be announced in today’s “Deutschlandrundspruch” at 1730 UTC on 3777 kHz LSB.
In the preview the announcement is already available since yesterday:

News: Deutschland-Rundspruch 23/2023, 23. KW - DARC (Login required)

Here is the announcement and its translation:

Erstmals SOTA-Stand auf der HAM RADIO
Zum ersten Mal wird SOTA in diesem Jahr auf der HAM RADIO mit einem eigenen Stand vertreten sein. SOTA steht fĂŒr Summits on the Air und ist ein Diplom-Programm fĂŒr Funkamateure, das den Portabelbetrieb in Gebirgs- und Mittelgebirgsregionen fördert [6].
Neben vielen Informationen rund um das Thema Bergfunk gibt es zahlreiche praktische Tipps und Hinweise zu Fragen rund um den Funkbetrieb auf Gipfeln und die richtige AusrĂŒstung. Jeweils mittags um 12 Uhr findet das Treffen der SOTA-Enthusiasten am Stand A1-190 statt. Hier gibt es Gelegenheit zum persönlichen Austausch mit Freunden, die man bisher nur vom Funk kennt. Weitere und aktuelle Infos zum SOTA-Messestand gibt es im SOTA Reflector (Forum) [7]. “Wir freuen uns auf viele Besucher”, berichten Marcel MĂŒller, DM3FAM, und Roman Brunel, DL3TU.

First time SOTA booth at the HAM RADIO.
For the first time, SOTA will have its own booth at HAM RADIO this year. SOTA is short for Summits on the Air and is an award scheme for radio amateurs that encourages portable operation in mountainous areas. [6].
In addition to lots of general information about mountain radio, there are many useful hints on questions about radio operation on summits and the right equipment. At noon each day, the meeting of SOTA enthusiasts will take place at booth A1-190. There will be the opportunity for a personal exchange with friends you have only met on the radio before. Further and current information about the SOTA booth can be found in the SOTA Reflector [7]. “We are looking forward to many visitors”, report Marcel MĂŒller, DM3FAM, und Roman Brunel, DL3TU.

11 Likes

Are these going to be available at FH?

73 Karlo

1 Like