SOTA 20th Anniversary

For SOTA’s 20th anniversary year we will run an event where you can obtain a certificate for your best 20 days chasing or activating (separate certificates for each activity). You enter your logs as normal and the database will pick your 20 highest scoring days out of your logs for the whole year. (March 2nd 2022 to March 1st 2023). These certificates will be downloadable from the database and will be free of charge.

This facility will be added to the database shortly. You’ll be able to see your best chase, S2S and activation scores. This is not a contest so the display will be presented in alphabetical callsign order. We’d like there to be plenty of activity during our 20th anniversary year which is why this activity runs for a whole year to give you all plenty of time to take part.

Barry GM4TOE
o.b.o. SOTA Management Team

61 Likes

What a great idea!

2 Likes

That sounds like a lot of activity in the coming months. Thanks for the idea.

73 Marcel DM3FAM

2 Likes

Sounds like lots of fun !

73 Dave

It’s not that I need encouraging but this sounds like added fun. Thanks :+1:

1 Like

Bravo!

I think this is a brilliant idea. Congratulations and thank you.

But I have a question:

Here you speak about chasing or activating.

Here you speak about Chasing, S2S and activating.

Will there be 2 different certificates or 3?

Thank you!

Guru

The original plan was Chaser and Activator+S2S, so 2 certificates.

3 Likes

:+1:

Can the MT, please, confirm this point?
I’m about to send my SOTA news bulletin in Spanish and I need this point clarified.
Thank you.

Guru

Actually, we’ll do 3 certificates. Activator, Chaser and S2S. Each group of 20 could conceivably be different days.

6 Likes

Just to muddy the waters a bit more.

I presume this certificate is based on summit points,

There could be another possible certificate for the most “Uniques” activated and chased ?

73 de

Andrew G4VFL

I guess it could but most people would only activate or chase one new unique a day, so I don’t see the Top 20 days having much meaning for uniques

2 Likes

What a fab idea. Has any consideration been given about perhaps setting up a few World SOTA Days? If lots of activators could go to their local summit on a given day then it could turn into a s2s fest !

73 Lea M0XPO

3 Likes

These used to be organised annually under the slogan “International SOTA Weekend”. As SOTA grew internationally and started to enjoy activity pretty much every day and around the clock, the significance and reason for them began to diminish.

What happens now is that from time-to-time, someone from the SOTA community comes up with an event or idea. Examples are the European SOTA Weekend, the EU-NA S2S events, the EU-VK/JA/ZL S2S event, the 2m Multimode Saturdays, Lake District activity weekend etc. The SOTA participant concerned advertises the event and encourages participation via this reflector and the SOTA Facebook group(s).

So if you want to turn your idea into reality Lea, just go ahead and run with it!

2 Likes

Awesome idea, look forward to the fun!

1 Like

Good idea! Thanks for this event planning!
Toru K JA1CTV / JH0CJH

Looking forward to this milestone and to make many new contacts throughout 2022.
73 Vitor M7IBM

4 Likes

First of all 20 years :open_mouth:

Well done Sota :partying_face:

2E0FEH

5 Likes