Shalloch on Minnoch GM/SS-042

Indeed I seem to hold an irresistible attraction for any type of blood-sucking arthropod :frowning:

Probably why Gerald gets off so lightly :wink:

Sure?

I discovered a week after he finished there a former colleague was working on the last phase of the Beinn an Tuirc windfarm :frowning:

Have to see if he and his nice official 4x4 are going back for the next :wink:

I think it’s close enough that I maybe it’s kosher from the trig but I didn’t want to lose the SOTA activation should any more surveying ever occur and change the summit. Especially after driving all that way and then struggling up the to the top the hard way.

I’ve just checked the history of all of them, not many fools have come this way before, you, Bill G4WSB, me and a fleeting visit from Iain MM3WJZ. There’s a brilliant chippy in Campbeltown so it’s worth coming for the fish and chips. But the gulls are fiendishly clever and aggressive so you can’t sit and enjoy them whilst looking out over the bay. :bird::bird::bird: :bird::bird::bird::bird::bird::bird::bird::bird::bird::bird::bird::bird:

Been there. Great. Also treated myself and stayed at Rosemount Guest House for a night, Great place and had the whole place to myself, massive building with lots of rooms - but it was November. The car was a wee bit chilly the night before, wasn’t worth pitching the tent at 3.30am for 3 hours. :wink:

Hi Andy, Just noticed this. Thanks for a very comprehensive and amusing write up. Lovely photos too. Like you, I detest losing even one metre on the way up let alone 60! It really gets into your head.
73, John.