Second NA<>EU S2S Event

http://www.sotadata.org.uk/SummitReport2.aspx?summitid=113652

And this shows when Hensbarrow Beacon G/DC-004 will be deleted.

Jimmy M0HGY

ARM update, what ARM update? Am I supposed to check for an update every time before I go out on the hills? Maybe that is the case. Anyway, I certainly missed the announcement if there was one.

Hmmm, better get my alert on ready for 19th November. :slight_smile:

73, Gerald G4OIG

Arghhh who has gone that far north and activated unique summits without warning me!!

It’s been activated twice Anthony. You can look up the summit at the DB and get the full history of who, when and which bands and modes.

I was wanting to let my plans out the bag as it’s may12-13th I’m going but i don’t want a kilt wearer to popup there on a weekend and ruin it for me lol.

Yes.

Looks like it will be busy with 2 activations that weekend.

I thought about calling in on LD-059 when I was on my way back from Blackpool, but it is such an awkward spot I decided to hightail it North and grab more GM/SS summits instead.

I doubt I will be able to activate due to the summer heat, but may I suggest working above 14.090 or 14.100. That area is relatively clear in W. NA but I don’t know what is is like in Europe. Just my 2 dakmas.

Ah well, if you don’t want to participate that is up to you. You did request that it not be arranged for the 6th May.

2 activations of LD-059

I assumed you were referring to the S2S event, not the summit. I can’t see another activation alert for LD-059 for the weekend of 13th / 14th, but then perhaps that is because I don’t have the clairvoyant version of SOTAwarch loaded on my computer. :wink:

I thought Anthony M0VED suggested he was doing LD-059 which would be the other alert but he’s actually going up to WS/NS-land where his summit may have been activated now by Paul. So you may well be on your own now.

The problem with LD-059 is it’s not on the road to anywhere nor is it a minor detour from the main roads going North/South.

I’m still going to Scotland. B&b is all booked. I think I’ll announce my plans the Sunday night before i go. Give people a week and hopefully others are at work so can’t ruin these plans.

It depends which mode you are intending running Tom. Anything from 14.101 up will most likely be filled with SSB stations in Europe.

There “ought” to be a contest QSO free zone between 14.112 - 14.125 and above 14.300 but experience shows the IARU R1 band plan isn’t always followed by contest Ops…

by the way 14.089 - 14.099 is supposed to be for digital modes and 14.099 - 14.101 is for beacons.

Ed.

Given Jimmy’s customary punctiliousness in keeping us informed via the reflector of changes to the G ARM I do find the comments here less than ingenuous, particularly in view of the great interest that was raised by the subject of Hensbarrow’s relocation. But I guess we’re all busy people.

73 de Paul G4MD

1 Like

I think whatever mode is used, it may be a case of searching for a clear frequency on the periphery of the various mode sectors and getting a spot on quickly. Running more than QRP should help with holding frequency and it is easier once chasers are on frequency. Anyone running datamodes might fare quite well, as there has been some DX around from late afternoon in the UK.

Having reread this several times, I’m still not sure whether it’s a swipe at Gerald’s comments, or at Jimmy’s management of this issue. However, for the avoidance of doubt, the G AM made the announcement on this reflector on February 4th, 2017:

The updated G ARM was published on the main SOTA website effective March 2nd, 2017.

1 Like

I’ll try to be on a nice Mallorcan summit in that time frame … hoping for good propagation !
lookout for EA6/ON7DQ/P ! 73 - Luc

No NA alerts up yet. It looks like an EU S2S day so far :cry: