Public Liability Insurance

I did that when taking photos of the impressive HF Log Periodics and HF anti-fade monopoles sited at RAF Inskip.

A bloke walked out of his drive asked me what I was doing as I was standing in the back of my SUV so I could see over the hedge. I looked at him whilst hiding the camera behind my back and said in my best phony Russian accent “Please sorry. Ambassador said speak no body.” and got down, shut the tailgate, got in and drove off. It was a cul-de-sac so I had to do a 180 and drive past him, he was still standing with his mouth wide open wondering what the hell was happening. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Anyone who wants to rely on their home insurance should check the wording of their policy because I am pretty certain that I have had a policy in the past that only covered liability as occupier and didn’t add the key phrase “or as a private individual”.

3 Likes

I’m with you Richard (and great vids by the way!!), unless you’re highly incompetent (you shouldn’t be in the hobby) why would you require yet more expenditure? More unnecessary red tape. Don’t go putting more ideas in the heads of the health and safety brigade!!! Operated portable for years without the need for any policy that coincidently probably isn’t worth the paper it’s printed on.

3 Likes

Amusing thread. You are far more likely to be sued if you have insurance than if you dont. Blood from a turnip doesnt appeal to the 30% Ambulance Chasers.

1 Like

I spent over 50 years in the Insurance Industry. I am also an American Attorney. I have no knowledge of British insurance policies.

In the USA and Canada the Liability Insurance on your Home of Renters policies would provide coverage. There are a few exceptions. An example if you were conducting a business enterprise. But operating SOTA no problems if it was an accidental occurrence.

W9VNE

1 Like

This organisation seems to offer some sort of insurance cover. https://www.eurao.org/en/node/357

No idea what the details are.

2 Likes