Private challenges (Part 2)

no chance… they offer 110 % if I stay longer. I asked: in addition to the pension, then it’s ok… because I get the pension anyway… but that wasn’t their plan. 20.12. is my last working day.

Let me know when you are in the area… if it fits, we can activate some summits together.

But you know: pensioners almost never have time. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

73 Armin

3 Likes

Snap! And that’s the problem :slight_smile:

:+1:

2 Likes

I’ll be looking forward to seeing you over EA2/NV some day and being in good enough condition as to go activate SOTA with you.

2 Likes

That made me laugh Fraser. Oh, chance would indeed have been a fine thing. I planned to retire at 60, worked to 65 when I closed my business and finally gave up work after a further 3 years of consultancy work.

The problem is, I’m still not doing anything near what I had planned to be doing a decade ago. A bit like my school report - Must Do Better!

3 Likes

I lived in Colorado for two years from 2013-2015 before returning to Kentucky. While I was there I summited a number of peaks, always with an HT. Unfortunately, I didn’t know about SOTA at the time.

Presently, when I’m chasing (specifically S2S QSO’s) I keep track of my “unofficial completes” which are mountains I summited with an HT but don’t count because I was late to the party :rofl:

2 Likes

From Private challenges where I was writing

• “”
    My wishes in terms of goals remain quite modest !

Chaser :

Activator :

I’m a long way off the mark of ever being an MG, but I love being on a summit and contacting SOTA friends. I will do what I can to activate according to my state of health.

• “”

Since yesterday 07/05/2022 I can change my objectives even if some are still valid, in particular the last 5 Gs!
Merci all :wink:

1000 unique on 60m :white_check_mark: done

On 174 G missing summit I peaked at 164, thanks to Richard @G4TGJ I just went to 169 and go for :

• G/DC-008
  • G/SC-011 :white_check_mark: G/SC-013
  • G/SP-012 (1 day maybe…@2E0BIA just activated SP-004 for the 1000th activation :wink: )
  • G/WB-006

73, Éric
F5JKK

5 Likes

Today Carl @G0KPE make my day with G/SC-011 :+1:
Many thanks
73, Éric
F5JKK

2 Likes

Eric - you are a lucky man

I have activated six summits in DC and SC in 2019… and to date have not been able to reach one as a chaser to have it complete. :cry:

73 Armin

1 Like

Thanks to Ray @M0DHP who give me my last G/DC G/DC-008 :+1:

Now hunting my last 3 G

• G/SC-013
  • G/SP-012
  • G/WB-006

73, Éric
F5JKK

1 Like

Hi Éric @F5JKK, I’ve alerted for G/WB-006 tomorrow morning (17/05/2022). I’ll listen out in case you are around!
30m CW to start with, and possibly 40m or 20m after that.

Adrian

2 Likes

Hi Adrian @G4AZS ,
Thanks, I’ll look for you tomorrow on 30m and 20m :+1: :wink:

73, Éric

1 Like

Hi Adrian @G4AZS ,

Many thanks for my last G/WB - G/WB-006 :+1: :wink:

Big 73, Éric
F5JKK

5 Likes

My goal was 4,500 contacts s2s and 4,500 unique summits chased. Failed the uniques, now at 4,352 out of 22,000 chases, but got the s2s goal, putting me behind four Swiss and one Coloradan, globally.

Elliott, K6EL

3 Likes

Hi Eric,

Good to get you in the log on two bands, this is what it looked like at my end:

Adrian

4 Likes

Hi all,

Yesterday Dave @G8XDD gave me my last G/SC summit G/SC-013 :wink: :+1:

Who will be the station that will give me my last G summit G/SP-012 ?

73, Éric
F5JKK

3 Likes

Things have moved from the Work in Progress to the Done list and some updates have been added. (Glacial progress is nevertheless progress :smiley: )

Done
Get foundation license, so I could…
Chase my first SOTA activation
Do my first SOTA activation

Get my full license, so I could…
Do my first overseas SOTA activation

Get to shack sloth
Activate and chase with SSB on 2M

Learn CW so I could…
Do my first CW SOTA chase
Do my first CW SOTA activation

Get shack sloth all CW
Activate with my MTR 3B LCD. (Also with an aerial I built myself, which is no biggie, but it was an original style @K6ARK matching unit 40/30/20 trapped EFHW which took a few goes to get right!)

Work in progress (some of which is so slow it’s tricky to detect)
Activate with a rig I built myself
Activate all of G/WB
Do a multi day route camping between summits, walking or biking
Do more activations each year than I did the previous year (Failed last year, but already done more this year than last. Keen to up my activating rate, inspired somewhat by @GW4BML 's brisk pace to Goatdom)

5 Likes

Hi all,

Finally and after having contacted my 1st G-summit on 2010-10-02 (G/SC-008 @G3TJE) and a hole in my SOTA life between 2011-06-14 and 2016-09-01 (5 years +) and thanks to Richard @G4TGJ on G/SP-012 I finally realized my “worked all G summits:partying_face:

Merci à tous les activateurs :+1:

73, Éric
F5JKK

8 Likes

Congratulations Éric!
I did have thoughts of offering G/SP-012 myself as it’s not too far from my QTH having looked at SOTLAS. Glad that Richard helped you out earlier than I could.
I do hope that you’ll continue to chase G. :slight_smile:

Vy 73
Colin

2 Likes

Hi Colin,

Of course I will continue to chase the G summit, there it will be with the keyer but with my left hand :crazy_face:

73, Éric

3 Likes

Hello Eric,

Thanks for the QSOs yesterday. As I was operating I saw the spot for G/SP-012 yesterday and I thought you may have worked Richard G4TGJ/P and finished getting the full set of G/SPs yesterday with Easington Fell. As a former train spotter myself I liken the ticking off of areas and associations as very similar.to the train spotting hobby I had in my teens! Well done, a good catch.

73 Phil G4OBK

3 Likes