there is something new from my fiberglass VHF antenna developements.
A lightweight and fast deployable 2 x 2 x 7 Element group which can be carried on a mountain top!
I uploaded a video to youtube which shows the setup:
The documentation can be found here:
The main facts:
- Amateur radio VHF frequency range
- 2 H x 2 V x 7 Elements
- Single Yagi: modified DK7ZB 7-Element design5 (28 Ohm,11 dBd gain). Also can be used stand alone. + 2 Yagis form a horizontal layer by introducing a spacingstructure also made out of fiberglass segments
- Theoretical overall gain: 17 dBd
- Collapsed length is less than 120 cm
- Antenna structure weight: 3.3 kg
- Can be supported by fiberglass mast (I use lower 8segments of a Spiderbeam 12 m HD fiberglass mast,weight is then appx. 3 kg)
- Still lightweight and small enough to pack and to carry thewhole structure on a mountain top.
The design principle is based on my old 6-Element design which i already described here:
Maybe this is not an antenna for “every day use” but more for contesting and DX!
Looking forward to see you building it with 3D-printed parts
I think you will find lots of things to improve!