PeaNET - 0800z - Tuesday 19th May

What I’m struggling to get my head round is the “dial in” thing. Is it using my mobile phone line? Is it using my mobile data? Is it using the house Wi-Fi? I don’t quite get it!

It’s a phone number so you make a phone call to it.

Yes but is that a short quick call that just establishes access, or is it ongoing and the platform that is carrying the connection?

It’s to connect your audio into the conference if you don’t want to connect it via video/headset.

I’ll take another look. There didn’t seem to be an option to join the video without dialling up on my iPhone. Of course, I don’t need any audio facility from Jitsi anyway!

Thinking of Wednesday for the next PeaNET gathering. Can’t decide whether to go for 0900 or 2000 UTC. (Or something else). Any suggestions / preferences?

1000Z is better for those of us with fixed “agile” meetings at 0900Z

1 Like

I’m loving the idea of using a video system with perfectly good VoIP and then using a separate VoIP system for the voice. Amateur Radio at its finest.

2 Likes

Try taking part Richard, and you’ll quickly discover the reason we (and several other radio clubs) are doing it this way.

If you don’t actually join in, then trying to explain the reason to you will be a bit like talking to the armchair portable FT8 expert who’s never done a FT8 activation.

1 Like

I did of course.

Try? I’ve known Liam at 0600 on a Sunday morning display more tenacity.

1 Like

Just one response with a comment about the next sked. So we will go with @MM0FMF’s preference for 1000 UTC tomorrow (Wednesday) morning.

1 Like

Hi Tom, time and date is fine with me.

73 de Geoff vk3sq

1 Like

I can’t make it. Sorry.

You will be missed.

2 Likes

A reminder that today’s PeaNET SOTA gathering is coming up in just over 1 hour.

1 Like

Jitsi video (optional) for today’s SOTA Friends PeaNET:

Click the following link to join the meeting:

The PeaNET is underway:

So far we have…

@M1EYP
@2E0AGB
@VK3SQ
@MM0FMF
@EA2IF
@VK2ZRD
@VK2HRX
M6LBI
@SP6SUD
@VK3ARR

Only me in the Jitsu video so far though. The link for this is above. I’ve got 3 devices running:

Windows 10 tablet - Peanut app
Windows 7 PC - Peanut dashboard
iPad - Jitsi Meet

1 Like

We have good service from both Peanut and Jitsi for over an hour there, but I found that Peanut was breaking up badly from about 1105 UTC.

Thanks for joining in everyone. When would you like the next one?

Thanks again Tom. everyone had gone at 12:22 so I myself came from there but was nice to see some new stations joining us.

1 Like