PeaNET - 0800z - Tuesday 19th May

Methinks it’s going to be too late for many people thinking about it

Na, 7:30AM local. Just fine with me. I’ll have a flat white on the go!

2 Likes

Hi Tom, 2130z thurs evening is fine with me also. de Geoff vk3sq

1 Like

Reminder - SOTA Peanut net @ 2130z this evening.

Dashboard: http://peanut.pa7lim.nl

Software / info: peanut – David PA7LIM

I have set up a Zoom meeting for this for anyone that wishes to help put faces to names. Best way I reckon is to disable the audio / mic and use the Peanut sound - just use Zoom for video. Totally optional - the net proceeds on Peanut as normal whether individuals also use Zoom or not.

Tonight’s net is underway.

@M1EYP
@2E0AGB
@VK3SQ
@VK2HRX
@M0LEP
@W2SE

Do come and join us!

1 Like

Tonight’s net is underway, this morning.

2 Likes

We were wondering where you disappeared to Compton. Now we understand, you disappeared to tomorrow…

Two of us providing visuals on the Zoom as well.

1 Like

Hi Tom, Compton pay that. Very funny hi hi. Geoff

1 Like

Sorry I could’t join this time – it conflicted with a business call (to VK-land, as it happens). I hope to see/hear you on the next one.
Scott WB8ICQ

Next one - Sunday 3rd May 2020 - 1100z.

Zoom (will be only for first 40 minutes if more than 3 users) details:

Meeting ID and password available from me - PM me via this Discourse reflector.

(Disable mic / audio on Zoom and use just for video - actual net will be on Peanut SOTA room as usual - use of Zoom is optional).

1 Like

Once the 40 minutes are up and everyone gets chucked off, they could all just re-connect using the same details for another 40…

1 Like

Reminder that the next SOTA Friends Peanut Net takes place at 1100z today. More details, timezone conversions etc, back up the thread.

We will have Zoom running as an optional extra for a bit of visual. PM me if you want the meeting ID and password in order to join in on Zoom.

Hi Rick…is this correct about re-logging back into zoom again after 40 minutes. Have you done this?

73 de Geoff vk3sq

Yes. I think the meeting creator may have to be first back in, but it’s certainly worked for me several times. Inevitably, some folk drop out at the cut-off and don’t re-join; it’s kinda tedious, and as per Murphy, it always seems to cut the person with the worst connection issues off in mid-phrase. It’s certainly not the sort of thing one would put up with in a business situation, but when it’s just an idle natter session it just becomes part of the natter…

1 Like

The net is underway.

@M1EYP
@ON7DQ
@2E0AGB
@WK2Y
KD8DXQ
@W2SE
@G4BLH
@EA2IF
@M0LEP
@EA2BD
PD0GJC

Discord, Zoom …all ok, but I’m a fan of Jitsi
Let’s try this one too
[edit : link removed]

Luc ON7DQ

Bye bye Zoom. Jitsi is better. Jitsi it is.

Thanks Luc.

Ok Thanks Tom for today and everyone else who came into the room. Unfortunately it seems quite a few had some technical issues but we did manage to keep it going for a couple of minutes short of 2 hours, so well done everyone.
Best 73 and stay safe de 2E0AGB

2 Likes

Hi Tom, video about Jitsi on you tube -

73 de Geoff vk3sq

The fact it’s open source and you can see what the code does and install your own servers makes this much, much more interesting than Zoom.