OE5 SOTA DAY 2022

This year’s OE5 SOTA DAY will take place on Saturday, September 17th. More details will follow soon …

73 Martin, OE5REO

19 Likes

Great news Martin,

I hope to see you & all Friends there :wink:

73, Jarek

2 Likes

Jarek you seam to have insider infos on the area where this years activity happens. I noticed your alerts already since a while :wink:

See you then :+1:
Joe

1 Like

It is old activator’s feeling Joe :smiley:
See you :wink:

73, Jarek

3 Likes

We will hold this year’s OE5 SOTA DAY on Saturday, September 17, 2022. The plan is to activate summits in the Steyr and Nationalpark Region. Please post your planned activations on SOTAwatch and try to spread out to different summits.

At 1600 LT we will then gather at Gasthof Blasl for food and drinks …

Gasthof Blasl
Bahnhofstraße 3
4460 Losenstein
https://www.gasthof-blasl.at/

Anybody interested in SOTA is welcome to join the fun!

73 Martin, OE5REO

7 Likes

Just getting my gear ready for the OE SOTA day on 17th of September, which coincides nicely with the OE5 SOTA day. I’ve put my alert in for Hochkar OE/NO-006, which is close enough for me to attend the get-together in Losenstein. Unfortunately, Karl OE6LKG, could not come this year, much to his chargrin, but he lent me his brand new 2m linear:

I thought that with so many OMs out on the same day, it might be nice to do some QRO FM. I’ll take my SW-3B along for the second activation on Schmalzmauer; I don’t think I could endure no CW whatsoever. Looking forward to the event and hope to work you S2S. Fingers crossed for good weather.:crossed_fingers:
73 de OE6FEG
Matt

6 Likes

Hi Matt,
It will be great pleasure to meet you there - on S2S with OE/OO-298 first and then in person :wink:
73, Jarek

2 Likes

Hi Matt,

Glad you are planning to attend the get-together in Losenstein! Look forward to seeing you again!

73, Sylvia

2 Likes

See you soon, Jarek!

73, Sylvia

2 Likes

Any activity planned for 23cm FM? I would take my Alinco tribander if there is somebody else active on 23cm.

73 Heinz

2 Likes

At what time on Saturday is scheduled start of the meeting ?

73, Jarek

hi jarek,

the meeting at the restaurant is scheduled at 16:00 local time / 14:00 utc … looking forward to meeting you there!

73 martin, oe5reo

This is also the date for this year’s G/LD (Lake District) SOTA weekend event. As I write I see 9 CW/SSB alerts already on OE-friendly HF bands and I’m sure there will be many more who like me post alerts a few days beforehand.

Hope to work you on 40, 30 or 20 CW S2S.

73 Andy

3 Likes

Thank you Martin, got it :wink:
If WX will allow I will stay on the summit untill 14:30…15:00 and then go to see You all.

73, Jarek

2 Likes

One week to go until our OE5 SOTA DAY … already lot’s of alerts on sotawatch:

Right now the weather forecast is not looking too good for sat. 17.9. … but the “weather gods” still have seven days left to change their opinion:

Looking forward to the event!

73 Martin, OE5REO

3 Likes

Hi Friends,

Will anybody from HB9 come this time ?
I know that EU SOTA day announced by HB9 SOTA is on the same time but just in case … :wink:

Martin, don’t worry about WX, we will handle necessary things :wink:

73, Jarek

1 Like

Weather for Salzstiegl is looking ok at the moment.

It might well be possible to change summit closer to the time. The forecast seems to be changing often at the moment, so a lot can happen in 7 days. :crossed_fingers:
73 Matt

3 Likes

Hi Friends,

I will start early morning tomorrow to activate in OK/OL and OK/VY to complete those regions.
On Friday will activate in OK/JC and go to Losenstein.

Welcome chasers to support me in the trip & on Saturday also of course :wink:

73, Jarek

2 Likes

Weather forecast still not looking too good … but we will hold our OE5 SOTA DAY as planned!! Here is the weather forecast for the next days:

Probably some activators will only be QRV for a shorter period of time or will move to a lower summit. I hope that most of the planned activations will take place. I will probably take my tent with me to give me some shelter from the rain and wind. If anyone chooses to cancel the activation he/she is of course welcome to attend only the meeting at the restaurant.

Looking forward to Saturday,
73 Martin, OE5REO

2 Likes

Ci saro come attivatore - tempo permettendo…
Apparato Standard C-58 e antenna Yagi 6 elementi.

Auguro buonincollegamenti avtutti.

Cordiali 73 IU5IZY