OARC SOTA Activity Day - 25th June 2022

Hi Mark,

Do you know if they have found the HT?

73, Lea M0XPO

@mm0vpm has checked in and it’s nowhere to be seen. I hope maybe the other guys I spoke to found it. I’ll call him after 8pm and check. Failing that someone else must have picked it up. It can’t be anywhere else.

Kicking myself that I never put any kind of contact details there, although if they know what a callsign is and Google it they’ll find me.

1 Like

The local police didn’t want to know when I lost mine, they told me to register it on https://www.immobilise.com/ because anything handed in is checked against that. Lucklily I had a photograph of mine, and the serial number of the radio is on the box.

I’ve started adding my other gadgets on there in case they get lost/stolen so at least I have the details and serial numbers of them (you can add them and only mark them lost/stolen if it happens).

3 Likes

Good news update: the member of the public I told about the loss bumped into someone else. They asked them if they had seen it, they said no, but two guys on bikes further up had asked them if they had lost one as they had found it. They saw them from a few miles away and eventually clocked what direction they were going in. Turns out they had handed it in at Flotterstone and so my guy picked it up.

He’s dropping it off on Monday for me :slight_smile:

10 Likes

FINALLY published my report from the june OARC SOTA day… sorry its been so long chaps! Alan Hamradio UK - Adventures on the air! : OARC SOTA Day - G/SP-009 Hail storm Hill, SOTA #6 Trig #8 25/06/22

2 Likes