O/S contour lines

What an awesome project! Although we still have a bit of snow on the hills around here, it’s April for goodness sake!

73, Colin

6 Likes

This is terrible, the lines need to be in a bright contrasting colour for easy recognition and to help those of us with failing eyesight!!!

Pillar Box Red?

1 Like

I do hope they are in 3D so we can trip over them. :joy:

1 Like

They will need bright orange fluorescent sidewalls to avoid trips!

1 Like

Whilst they are up there, they could paint the activation zone boundaries in as well :rofl:

11 Likes

What next? They’ll be waymarking and signing all the footpaths & bridleways next!!±

1 Like

If they added the numerical heights to the contour lines, we’d be able to read them on google earth :grinning:

3 Likes

I spent an hour on Penghent this morning looking for these new additions to aid my navigation, but the snow was covering them up. After lunch the snow melted and the lines also melted away!!!

Well spotted Colin

G0EVV/P

1 Like

The Yorkshire Three Peaks (Pen-y-ghent G/NP-010 to right, in line with pole) looked pretty yesterday wearing their dusting of snow.

73, Colin

Much more useful would be if they painted the paths on the ground in bright colours.

But it has been done, before anyone scoffs. :slight_smile:

We visited Cadiz in Spain and the tourist office gave us a map with coloured lines drawn on it for different walks around the city. We struggled a bit following our chosen line. Until we noticed they had painted the lines on the road! We were following the purple line. :slight_smile:

2 Likes