When you select the “Not activated by me” setting on SOTL.AS, you get a great view of the summits you haven’t visited yet.
These often clustered areas inspire me to stay there for a few days and activate them—I like things to be tidy. ![]()
This spot has not yet been dealt with:
Markus (@HB9DIZ) and I have already visited this region twice; it holds a special appeal, especially in autumn .
… but a long weekend in early May last year showed us that the region has its charms in spring, too (especially since the Palatinate is also famous for asparagus
).
Markus und I are setting off again on Sunday, October 11, 2026. The journey will take us via FL/VO-196, FL/VO-208, and FL/VO-207.
Our base is a little south of Weißenburg. It is not yet entirely clear when and where we will be, but we will post alerts the evening before or in the morning.
As always when we head out together, Markus takes care of the SSB community, and I look after the CW enthusiasts…
During our preparations, we discovered that it is no longer legal to access Bobenthaler Knopf (DM/RP-329). It is located within a strictly protected nature reserve where leaving the designated paths is prohibited—and there is no path leading into the activation zone (AZ). Therefore, we will not be activating it. - I’ve made a note of that on the summit’s webpage. Too bad – it would have been a complete for me.
73 Armin
