The problem I have with that method is that I’ve already logged the activation via a CSV upload.
I had 25 activation contacts yesterday and I don’t want to do each one separately. I used to do that and if you made one mistake… oh boy, well, you know. The method of allowing me to log s2s contacts via a chaser entry solved that.
I guess I need to learn how to get the CSV in the right format to log the summit-to-summit contacts at the same time I upload the entire activation log.
I don’t understand. CSV is simple, you just add a S2S reference at the right place:
If you’ve already uploaded a CSV file for the activation, just delete it and upload the corrected version.
There was a change just a short time ago, so you might want to log out, refresh the page and log in again.
I wish it were that simple for me. I log in RumlogNG. I use the “Export Selected QSOs For SOTA…” menu command. This export does not include the summit-to-summit, or as you say, the “othersummit”. I just tried to import the CSV into ADIF Master but that program will not allow me to save as with the fields you describe (V2,yourcall,yoursummit,date,time,freq,mode,othercall,othersummit,comment)
I’ve had a lot of trouble in the past editing ADIFs and CSVs in a manner that makes everybody happy. This is why I have used the method I use in the past before the Database change.
Yes, but if your preferred logging tool doesn’t work you can contact the authors and point out the problem and see if they will fix it. Or switch to a logging tool that works. Persevering with something that doesn’t work and then some manual steps after… well I don’t have sufficient minutes left to waste them like that
It was there because it used the existing chaser submission code when S2S was first added 10 years back. The second database program was essentially produced to enable SSO support and most everything else was moved as-is from the original to the replacement. Now Andrew has produced something new, it’s able to take the good bits, bits that worked well before and improve the bits that were not so good.
My comment was not intented to critique the way how it was established. I am familiar with the fact that it was added as a chaser feature for activators later on after establishing the database.
Changing things like database design that is up for years is not something to do on a weekend.
So I am happy to see that the overall design could be improved. Nothing more nothing less.
Especially for newcomers this is easier to understand. So big
You’re welcome Eric! You can also setup similar mappings in the iOS and iPadOs versions of RumLog if you use those. I use the iCloud sync logbook which works well.
I log on paper when activating so now use the FLEcli tool to quickly convert a paper log to ADIF and then import into RumLog, but with the fields mapped I can then see and edit the SOTA data if necessary in RumLog.