New to SOTA just saying hello

Not sure if I’ve posted this in the correct place ? Just saying hello and new to SOTA , name is Craig and I live in the Yorkshire dales been chasing now for just over a year ( mainly from home ) but hope to carry out my very first SOTA activation on Wednesday 17/03/2021 G/NP029 Sharp haw , this is my local SOTA and fortunately a fairly easy walk from my front door , hope to be active on 2m fm and 20m ssb
Fingers crossed I can get more than 4 itl

Cheers

Craig 2e0vrx 73

21 Likes

Welcome, Craig! SOTA is a great community of people spread around the world. I’m sure you will have fun

3 Likes

Hi Craig,
welcome to the Sota family. I am sure that you will enjoy your activation. Unfortunately, I’m not going to a summit on Wednesday, but we will certainly hear us s2s soon.

73 Chris

2 Likes

Welcome! The UK weather forecast looks generally good for Wednesday so I’m planning to walk up a local hill (Non-SOTA) in the afternoon and see what I can hear as reception at my home QTH is poor. But being in Devon I’m probably too far away from you for 2m and too close for 20m! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Craig, welcome to the wonderful world of SOTA! You’ll soon be an SOTA addict! If you can, please put a Spot and/or alert on the system tomorrow & I’ll try & chase you from my Wirral QTH. 73 John.

1 Like

Hi Craig Welcome and enjoy yourself as there’s lot’s of brilliant folks out there. I’ll listen out for you but 20 m isn’t right good for me at present but who knows when Wednesday comes. Best 73

1 Like

Hi Craig
Welcome to SOTA. I do not know if you already have chased SOTA stations or what knowledge you have with regard to SOTA. Might be helpful to chase for a period of time and read and see as much information you can get about SOTA, prior to activating.
Just an idea.
Patrick

1 Like

Hello Craig, welcome to the fraternity and don’t forget to have fun :smiley:

73 de Geoff vk3sq

1 Like

Hi, Craig,
Welcome onboard.
Good move on passing from chasing only to also activating. It’s great being playing on both sides of the court.
Good luck, have fun and I hope to be able to chase you on 20m.

Guru

1 Like

Hi, Craig, make yourself at home here and have fun! This reflector is a treasure trove of information; equipment, techniques, routes and so on, and in case you haven’t already spotted it the little magnifying glass icon at the top will let you browse for any topic that you need information on. You can also ask here for information but expect a constellation of answers if you do!

1 Like

Welcome to the madness!

2 Likes

Hi Craig,

welcome to the family. And you know, you may choose only friends, in the family you have what you have got. :smirk:

2 Likes

Many thanks for the very warm welcome and advice , really appreciated

Craig 2e0vrx

Hi Craig, welcome to the party. Best of luck for your walk tomorrow!

1 Like

Hello Craig.

Have fun with SOTA and I hope to hear you on the bands.

73 Marcel DM3FAM

1 Like

Wellcome in the group Craig :slight_smile:
Hope to catch you in the air :wink:
Good luck on first and hope many others activations.

1 Like

Craig,

Welcome to SOTA and activating - you’re in a really good place for it living in the Dales.

I live on the Yorkshire coast and make quite a few trips to the Yorkshire Dales for SOTA, including Sharp Haw.

73’s
David
G4ZAO

1 Like

Wowser what a friendly place this is , once again thank you for all the welcomes and was great to catch a few of you while activating NP- 029 yesterday

Short report here My first activation G/NP-029

18 in the log , 1 S2S and 1 DX into West Virginia

Now where shall I go for the next one :grinning:

Craig 2e0vrx 73

3 Likes

Good stuff, Craig! I’m glad I worked you, though I couldn’t hear all that you said due to me receiving a faint signal, but it was a definite contact for the log. Here’s hoping to hear you again soon, not least when I’m on the hill myself, in due course. 73s John.

1 Like

Cheers John and was great to catch you again yesterday on NP-032 during my 2nd activation

This trip yielded 31 in the log with two S2S

Hope to catch you from np-005 next week

Cheers

Craig 2e0vrx

1 Like