My first activation G/NP-029

Wow that was fun ! carried out my very first activation ( G/NP - 029 ) on 17/03/2021 , WX was ok with only a gentle breeze on the summit. 12 contacts on 2m FM and 6 contacts on 20m SSB one of which was a S2S EA4IS/P on EA4/MD-007 and one DX WD8CCC West Virginia

Kit used Icom 705 , Hawkins 5/8 vertical @ 8m (2m) and a mono band dipole again @ 8m in a inverted V power 5w

Many thanks for everyone who called in , made my day !

Craig 2e0vrx 73

19 Likes

Oh dear - another addict, there is now no hope for you :joy:
Congratulations - VHF/HF/S2S/DX on first activation
Look forward to working you once we are back to whatever becomes the new normal

3 Likes

Hi Craig

Welcome to SOTA and well done on your first activation, s2s and DX…that was a good introduction to your SOTA journey. Hope to catch you s2s one day.

73 Allan GW4VPX

3 Likes

Great to catch you S2S Craig. It was my second walk-from-home to walk-from-home S2S in a week after one on Sunday with @G4TJC. Shortly followed by a third with your joint activator.

Maybe in the future we could have a special Lockdown Award for WFH2WFHS2S QSOs… But better just hope there’s no need for any more lockdowns!

1 Like

Hello Craig

Well, you’ve already had great success in your first activity. That’s how it should be!

It won’t always be like this - stay anyway.

I wish you always a happy return home!

73 Armin

2 Likes

Thanks and congratulation for you first summit activity. Well done, it would be happy to see some more :-). Best 73’s and stay save.

Ben

1 Like