New Intermediate Licence

In reply to G0VWP:

Well deserved Jimmy, good luck.

Robert
G0PEB

In reply to 2E0EYP:
Well done Jimmy, an extra bun for you at Norbreck.Enjoy the call and good luck with the next stage
Rob and Audrey
G4RQJ.

…and an extra callsign badge to be purchased at Norbreck too Rob. Then, if he wears his G Association Manager polo shirt, he can have both his calls on display at the stand!

Look forward to seeing you both there as usual.

Tom M1EYP

Thank you Terry, Robert and Rob for your comments. I am looking forward to the extra bun at Norbreck Rally and I will be getting a new callsign badge as well.

Jimmy 2E0EYP

In reply to 2E0EYP:

Excellent news - well done Jimmy!

73, John M0VCM

Thank you for your comments John.

Jimmy 2E0EYP

In reply to 2E0EYP:
Well done Jimmy!

Thank you for your comments James.

Jimmy 2E0EYP

In reply to 2E0EYP:
Well done Jimmy i hope you enjoy the extra power
Regards Nigel 2E0NHM

In reply to 2E0EYP:
Well done Jimmy. 2E0 + Goat in March 2012 = excellent.

Brace yourself for long dark nights of the soul or, put another way, reading Advance! the licence exam text book. You’ll soon find it a perfect cure for insomnia. ;¬D I found QADV at freespace.virgin.net/murray.g3kzb/ a stimulating way of helping me study.

I agree strongly with you on pack weight and with anyone who says that CW is necessary to avoid amplifiers and daft quantities of batteries. QRO or my leg joints and balance - any guesses which one I’ll choose?

David M6WOW, 2E0DAI & M0YDH
ps don’t forget to tell RSGB if you’re a member that you own 2 + callsigns - handy at the QSL bureau

In reply to 2E0EYP:
Congratulations Jimmy - really glad all the effort has paid off.

See you sometime as 2M0EYP?

Barry GM4TOE

In reply to 2E0EYP:

7 dots and 13 dashes in one callsign,

congratulations on your new callsign
with the familiar “old” suffix Jimmy!

Bye the way; has your “EYP” something to do with this?

or maybe this:

Vy73 Fritz DL4FDM,HB9CSA

Congratulations Jimmy. All the very best to you, Dad and of course not forgeting Liam.

73 Jeff G4ELZ

In reply to 2E0EYP:
congratulations jimmy, (well done)
Steven m0sgb

In reply to M6OXO:

Just popped into an internet cafe to check for SOTA news and was delighted to read about your upgrade.

Very Many Congratulations Jimmy.
Good News travels far and wide. Well Done !!

Roy 5B/G4SSH
Larnaca
Cyprus

Congratulations Jimmy and I wish you all the best with the new call.

Cheers
Nick G4OOE

Thank you all for your comments.

David - This link http://www.freespace.virgin.net/murray.g3kzb appears to be broken. I am going to send stamped addressed envelopes to the 2E0 RSGB sub manager. Do I need to inform the RSGB about my change of callsign as well as sending the stamped addressed envelopes?

Fritz - My callsign is nothing to do with EYP Switzerland and Intelligence Service (Greece). I chose M3EYP to match my Dad M1EYP’s suffix in his callsign and I chose 2E0EYP to match the suffix of my Foundation callsign.

Barry - I will probably have a Full licence by the time I do any more SOTA activations in GM.

Brian - I have no plans of getting a big beam for the contests, but I will be doing contests on 50 watts, hopefully with this higher power I can get more contacts in the contests.

Jimmy 2E0EYP

In reply to 2E0EYP:

Do I need to inform the RSGB about my change of
callsign as well as sending the stamped addressed envelopes?

You need to inform RSGB HQ of ALL the callsigns for which you will be collecting cards from the bureau. There are instructions on how to do this on page 51 of the January 2012 RadCom. You can use the special Web Form on the RSGB web site.

Walt (G3NYY)

Hi Walt,

Thank you for letting me know that I do need to inform the RSGB of all the callsigns I will be collecting QSL cards from the bureau.

Jimmy 2E0EYP

In reply to 2E0EYP:
Hi Jimmy are you going to get your Q and O call NOV to go with your new call sign
Regards Nigel