I got a last minute offer to join two hams from Ostend, Belgium to go to HamRadio in Friedrichshafen (FN), arriving June 23, leaving June 27.
They symphatize for SOTA, but are not activators themselves.
I have two problems now:
- I have to find a place to sleep (very very late I know …)
- I don’t have my own car … so how do I get around if I’m separated from my friends
Of course I would like to meet as many SOTA friends (SOTA legends ?) as possible, join the presentations, join the dinner that Ed, DD5LP organised, and if I could join some activator(s) for an activation whilst in FN, that would make my trip perfect !
(besides seeing that new KX2 rig of course , hi)
Any help is welcome , like :
- anyone knows of a (reasonably priced) place to stay that still has a room available ?
- any group that rented a vacation home or appartment and still has a spare room ?
(I would not advise to share a room with me, since I seem to snore a lot , unless you snore even more ! … hi)
- anyone knows of somebody that canceled their trip and so made a room available again ?
(I do have a tent for camping, but not sure that my two friends are willing to put all my camping stuff in their car, so that would be the very last solution …)
thanks for reading … and for any useful info
cu all at FN
Luc - ON7DQ/KF0CR