Karsartash, first activation

Autumn, 2021. Despite covid restrictions, Ural SOTA enthusiasts have become more active! On October 16, two groups went to the mountains at once, to different peaks. R9WGK, Alex and Vlad, RX9WT went to Mount Karsartash (R9U/SO-074) by a new, unexplored route. Marat, RA9WJV and Eldar, R9WY on the same day, went to activate the Dunansungan (R9U/SO-045) summit.
Alex was active on the amateur radio bands in the 90s. He had a call sign RA9WPV, then he was inactive for many years. And so, recently, he decided to return to amateur radio. He has a new callsign - R9WGK. It is especially great that he decided to take up SOTA, as he is an experienced hiker and skier …

It was a wonderful comeback!
I want to say a big thank you to Fabio, IK2LEY and Jarek, SP9MA for helping S2S QSO. This became the decoration of the radio amateur part of our trip. In addition, S2S was also with Marat’s team.
You can watch a small story about this adventure here:

73!
Vlad
RX9WT

39 Likes

Good evening Vladimir @RX9WT

Thanks for the report and the pictures. And a picnic after a successful activation is very welcome :+1: :beers: You had a great time. Thanks also for the video.

But i wouldn’t have been able to get through there with my car though :wink: :grinning:

73 Marcel DM3FAM

2 Likes

Great report and lovely video + traditional Russian music?

An excellent off-road vehicle too.

1 Like

THANKS VLADIMIR!
For the nice report, pictures and video.
Best 73, Ken K6HPX

1 Like

Hello Vlad, thanks for your activation report with photos. Enjoyed you video also. Well done. :+1: :beers:

Cheers; Geoff vk3sq

1 Like

Hi, David!
Yes, there is a fragment of Russian folk music in the soundtrack. Where the winch pulls the car, the music from the song “Korobochka” sounds. Of course, in modern processing. Thank you for your feedback!
Vlad

2 Likes

Hi, Marcel!
Thank you for your interest and kind feedback!
I hope that when the covid restrictions disappear, everyone will be able to activate the Ural summits. Come to the Urals, there are many, many summits that have never been activated yet. Let’s ride!
RX9WT

2 Likes

Красотишша !!!
Молодцы.
Я рад, что смог провести QSO с активациями этих двух вершин.

73Vy Jacek SQ9MDN

2 Likes

Jacek, спасибо за QSO и отзыв!

1 Like

Well done and a great video and music. :slight_smile:

Hi Vlad,
As discussed by e-mail it was S2S from the same summit on my side that we did S2S last year.
Big big pleasure !!!
Ребата молодцы !!!
Video respect !!!
Music outstanding - transformation from something similar to 4 seasons of Vivaldi to Russian Korobeiniki is absolutely unique !!!

73, Jarek

2 Likes

Hello Vlad !
I failed two times the s2s with you.
First time, I tried to call you while 20 minutes but no chance with pile-up.
Second, I heard you very well but this time, I didn’t try to call. Pile-up …
May be one day if I’m lucky.
73 QRO
Roger F5LKW/P

2 Likes

Roger, I am very saddened that in the excitement of working with the pile-up, I was unable to hear the most valuable call. I guess I need to learn better to listen to weak signals.
But I hope that our S2S will definitely be!
73!
Vlad

2 Likes

congratulations on the activation. I enjoyed reading your post and the photos are lovely. 73

1 Like