James M0JCQ now Mountain Goat

Congratulations to James M0JCQ on quietly getting his Mountain Goat status.

Along with XYL Christina M7CID he activated Skiddaw G/LD-004 on Wednesday (23/Sept) getting him the necessary points to tip him over the 1000. Special mention also to Christina for getting her new callsign…well done.

73 Allan GW4VPX

24 Likes

Congratulations James on achieving Mountain Goat.

Jimmy M0HGY

1 Like

Photos of the event for publicity please James. Ideal opportunity given your excellent recent “Tonight at 8” webinar. Congratulations on joining the MG herd!

1 Like

Well done James. Also thanks for recent s2s.
Rod & Vicki

1 Like

Congratulations James.

73’s
Andy
GM6ZAK

1 Like

(from M6BWA, Viki)
Well done James you certainly got those last points in style - I was exhausted just listening to your itinerary! Thanks for the s2s from our little hills in GM/SS and for your patience in waiting for a s2s with M0JLA - if only to find out which hill we were on!! (I really ought to know where I am going…!) Sorry we didn’t get you on the vital MG activation and hope the weather was still kind to you. Congratulations to Christina on carrying you up the hills so rapidly - you couldn’t have done it without her. Good to find another XYL on a hill-top and I look forward to further contacts with you both.
73 Viki M6BWA

2 Likes

Congratulations and well done James. Welcome to the MG herd.

73, Gerald G4OIG / G8CXK

1 Like

Congratulations James,
And thanks also for my S2S from the Old Man of Coniston LD013, your summit qualifier +1 I believe.

Regards David
G0EVV

James in relaxed mood on Red Screes a year ago.

3 Likes

Good stuff James. You earned it carrying that chair up LD17!
You look like you have many more in front of you,
Congratulations,
All the best,
John

1 Like

Congratulations, James, for achieving MG status.
We’ve made 3 QSOs only in all this way, but I’ll be looking forward to making many more QSOs in your way to multiple x MG.

Guru

1 Like

Well done James. Thanks for QSO from Pillar.
John G4TQE

1 Like

Well done James

73 Paul

1 Like

Well done and congrats James.73 Don.

1 Like

Many congratulations James
Ian G4WTF

1 Like

Congratulations James! Thank you (and Christina) for the recent summits - sadly I can’t usually work Skiddaw from home.

Christina’s turn next??

Karen 2E0XYL

1 Like

Nice one James! As a school exams officer, I long-wondered if you were a JCQ (Joint Council for Qualifications) inspector. Then I suddenly realised it was merely “James CQ”!
Alastair, M0TYM

1 Like

James,thanks to yourself & Christina for QSO’s on Euro SOTA day recently.
Not long licensed here & amazed to get Lake District from Dublin mountains with 5w handheld.
Congrats on your Goat award.
Dave EI3IXB

1 Like

Many thanks for the congratulations all, somehow this post passed me by at the time, but thanks to all for the contacts, advice and good humour over the years.

Sadly, these were the last proper hills I’ve been able to climb since. I caught covid in December 2020 and it’s left me with long-covid and chronic fatigue since. At its worst, I can’t climb the stairs let alone a SOTA summit :smile:

Once I recover enough I hope to get back out, but one day at a time.

73 all,
James M0JCQ

2 Likes

Thanks Dave, conditions were great that day, if it wasn’t for the icy wind I’d have stayed a lot longer!

Bad news, James.

Very best wishes for your recovery and hope to catch you on a hill before too long.

Rod

1 Like