International SOTA Weekend 1 – 2 May 2010

Hi Tom

SV will be on air for sure.

Details for regions es summits soon.

73, Panos, SV1COX

i am planning to activate two summits on may, 2nd. if the weather is fine i will stay up on the summit for some hours. hope to make many s2s-contacts!

vy73 de martin
http://www.oe5reo.at

In reply to M1EYP:

ISW has caught up with me again! I’ll be UHF contesting Saturday evening and Sunday. I will be out Saturday for ISW. Somewhere in GM/SS in the vicinity of the contest site with a reasonable LOS view of some of the NP/LD summits. I might be able to squeeze a wee 1 pointer in Sunday morning.

I should be QRV on 60m/30m/70cm/23cms.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to M1EYP:

29 associations still awaiting their first alert for International
SOTA Weekend!

Like last year I hope to be on from Mourne Mtns (MM) with 2m & 70cms.

Darrell GI4KSO

Latest information of intended active associations/regions on International SOTA Weekend:

G - LD, SP, WB
GW - NW, SW
GD -
GM - NS, SS
GI - MM
ZS -
EI -
DM - RP
SV - TL
OE - OO, SB, TI
DL - AL
HA -
HB -
W2 - GA, GC
F -
OK - KA
ON - ON
SP -
OH -
HB0 -
LA - TM
SM -
S5 -
PA -
OD -
TK -
Z3 - EM, WM
W1 -
W6 - CC
VE2 - QC
W3 -
VP8 -
LX -
OZ -
9H -
YO -
E7 -

It will be nice to see this summary expanding as we move closer to May. Lots of associations without alerts or stated intentions at present. Can we get lots of SOTA associations active on this special weekend?

Tom M1EYP

Hello all Sota friends.
I will be active from LA/TM-XXX this weekend. If bad wx LA/TM-049
73 de LA1KHA Kjell

Thanks Kjell - I’ve added that to the list above. Hope to work you S2S on ISW.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:

For the ISW most possible activations of Z3/WM-046, EM-011 or EM-014.

Vlado, Z35M

In reply to Z35M:
Vlado if you here someone send qrs ITS ME!

If I remember rightly the run up to last years ISW was slow and low for alerts until the last week or so. Heres hoping SOTA will make more noise this year. Sean M0GIA

Latest information of intended active associations/regions on International SOTA Weekend - PA has added to the alerts:

G - CE, LD, SP, WB
GW - NW, SW
GD -
GM - NS, SS
GI - MM
ZS -
EI -
DM - RP
SV - TL
OE - OO, SB, TI
DL - AL
HA -
HB -
W2 - GA, GC
F -
OK - KA
ON - ON
SP -
OH -
HB0 -
LA - TM
SM -
S5 -
PA - PA
OD -
TK -
Z3 - EM, WM
W1 -
W6 - CC
VE2 - QC
W3 -
VP8 -
LX -
OZ -
9H -
YO -
E7 -
VE1 -
W0 -

37 alerts from 16 international SOTA associations at the last count.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:
I have now pulled my alert on The Cloud on the 1st of May, I am now concentrating my activity 160m - 70cm from Gun only on both ISW days. I also see Stu (W6S) has pulled his alert, I take it not enough operators could be found?

Any info on the database working along with spotlite in time for ISW? I see no goats have alerted yet. Hoping for good WX and plenty of QSO’s. Sean M0GIA

Latest information of intended active associations/regions on International SOTA Weekend:

G - CE, LD, NP, SP, WB
GW - NW, SW
GD -
GM - NS, SS, ES
GI - MM
ZS -
EI -
DM - RP, SA
SV - TL
OE - OO, SB, TI
DL - AL
HA - KM
HB -
W2 - GA, GC
F -
OK - KA
ON - ON
SP -
OH -
HB0 -
LA - TM
SM -
S5 -
PA - PA
OD -
TK -
Z3 - EM, WM
W1 -
W6 - CC?
VE2 - SG
W3 -
VP8 -
LX -
OZ -
9H -
YO -
E7 -
VE1 -
W0 - FR

42 alerts from 17 international SOTA associations at the last count.

Tom M1EYP

Hi Dad,

Your international SOTA weekend information on each association and region is a bit inaccurate. There is no alert anymore for VE2/QC so you will need to delete that from your list and there is an alert for DM/SA which is not on your list so please could you add this onto you list.

Jimmy M3EYP

Jimmy, what would I do without you? Summary list above now edited, including some extra info received via PEM.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M0GIA:
W6S will be on the air for ISW. The road to the Mt Pinos trailhead has seen an abnormal amount of snow, delaying the county’s clearing efforts. I will scout the location this weekend to see if snow travel is safe this late in the season. If not, we will find another summit for W6S.
Stu

Tom ( M3XFG ) and I are looking forward to next weekend, SP-004 on Saturday and SP-001 on Sunday. Let’s hope the weather forecast is as good for next weekend as it is for this.
All the best to you all…

James
G7MLO

I’m planning an overnight stay at LA/TM-048 if the WX is not to bad. Will work SSB on the usual HF bands and maybe some of the higher bands as 15m, 10m and 6m if possible.

Looking forward to work you all!

73! Mads, LA1TPA

This is the current status of the planned activations for the International SOTA weekend in EU (map display of SOTAwatch alerts):

http://sotamaps.com/sites/default/files/HG2ECT/SOTA_weekend2010_EU.png

hg2ect Tibi

G - CE, LD, NP, SP, WB
GW - NW, SW
GD -
GM - NS, SS, ES
GI - MM
ZS -
EI -
DM - BM, RP, SA
SV - TL
OE - OO, SB, TI
DL - AL
HA - KD, KM
HB -
W2 - GA, GC
F -
OK - KA
ON - ON
SP -
OH -
HB0 -
LA - TM
SM -
S5 -
PA - PA
OD -
TK -
Z3 - EM, WM
W1 -
W6 - CC?
VE2 - SG
W3 -
VP8 -
LX -
OZ -
9H -
YO -
E7 -
VE1 -
W0 - FR

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:
Alerts have increased in numbers for the ISW, I have just activated Gun (G/SP013) and took a look round the AZ to give me some sort of an idea where the antennas are going! As long as the rain keeps away it should be an interesting weekend. Sean M0GIA