HAM RADIO 2009

Dear SOTA community,

both German associations SOTA-DL and SOTA-DM would like to invite all of you to visit their corner within the DARC Committee DX and HF-Contesting booth at the 34th HAM RADIO, from the 26th through the 28th of June 2009. “Bergfunk verbindet” (“Mountain ham radio unites”) is this year’s Motto in Friedrichshafen, it does not a matter what one’s preferences and interests are – SOTA, GMA, RMA or other local award programs, everybody is invited to drop over at the booth with his photos, videos, stories, QSLs, equipment and etc. of course, any time!

There are two major events happening:

Event: International Get-Together
When: Friday, June 26
Time (local): 15:30 – 17:30
Where: at the DARC Committee DX and HF-Contesting booth, A1-452

Event: Bergfunker’s Lunch
When: Saturday, June 27
Time (local): 12:30 – 14:30
Where: we will meet at the DARC Committee DX and HF-Contesting booth, A1-452 and then get together for a lunch in the exhibition centre

There will be a guestbook at the booth. Please feel you free to stick your photos and/or QSLs into the guestbook and drop a line!

We are looking forward to meeting you in Friedrichshafen 2009!

You can find the invitation here:
http://www.sota-dl-alpen.de/articles/SOTA_HAMRADIO_09.pdf

73 de Dzianis, DD1LD
Association Manager
SOTA Deutsche Alpen

on behalf of SOTA-DL and SOTA-DM teams

In reply to DD1LD:
Hi Dzianis

I will see you and other visitors at the booth!

73 Phil G4OBK

See you all at the booth on Friday, 15.30 local time!

73 Bernhard DL4CW

In reply to DD1LD:

I should be there on Saturday and will join the gang for beer & currywurst :wink:
I may also stay in camping Ost if there is room.

Hi all, i will be along on the Friday afternoon.
Hope to see some of you there’
73 de Daryl G0ANV

In reply to G0ANV:

Hello all, will be there for the week-end (hopefully) and joining in for Saturday’s lunch. See you.

73, Gerd DF9TS

In reply to DL4CW:
See you on Friday!
73, Ruda OK2QA

In reply to OK2QA:

See you Thursday Friday Saturday, Sunday on Clipperton DX Club stand " hall A1-547"
73 Laurent F8BBL

Arrived in FN Wednesday - today the WX is quite warm, mostly cloud cover, but dry and a lot better than we had in Austria.

See all visitors at the booth and lunch at the Messe.

Phil G4OBK

In reply to G4OBK:

I am leaving now for Friedrichshafen. I will be there until Saturday around noun and will stay in the parking area.

I will show up at the both on Friday, looking forward to meet many SOTA friends there.

73 HEinz, OE5EEP

I am looking forward to see you all on Saturday :slight_smile: Not possible to leave QRL before Friday afternoon :frowning:

73 de OE5DIN
Helmut / Andy

Just waiting in the airport for my flight now and checking the activity thanks to the wonder of netbooks and 3g broadband! Looking forward to meeting people on Friday and Saturday.

Andy
MM0FMF

I will start my journey in next few hours. See you there on friday …

73, Milos S57D

C U on saturday.

73s from DM/RP…

do1djj Joerg (DJ)

We had a great meet Friday PM at the DARC DX Radiosport stand - Milos S57D and family will be driving back to Ljubjana now. They were just here for the one day…also good to see HB9DOT DL1FU MM0FMF DD1LD OE7PHI OE8SPW G0ANV OE5EEP HB9AFI DL4CW and many more SOTA enthusiasts. No sign of Steve G1INK yet, a few asking “Where is Steve?” - I think he was still on the road and will be with us tmw.

73 Phil (From the Hotel)

In reply to G4OBK:

Hello Phil,

it was really a very nice meeting and a great pleasure to talk with you and with the other SOTA enthusiasts. There was a lot of traffic on the road back home, we arrived home at 1:15AM. Say hello to Steve G1INK today …

73, Milos S57D

Hi Milos

Steve G1INK made it today and we enjoyed some beers, we hadn’t met in perosn before despite 100s of QSOs. The Berg Funkers lunch was well attended and the licenced ops’s made my XYL Judy very welcome - she came up to the centre specially for the lunch and it was worth paying the admittance fee for her to to attend for a few hours. I did pass your 73 on to Steve and told him that we had met the day before. The event was busy and I SPENT €75 today on a short end mounting 2m yagi for my home QTH and a callsign baseball cap!

Other op’s met today DL4FDM DF5WA DJ5PN HB9BAB and several more…the strong German beer makes the memory fade just now.

73 and see you soon from a French summit in the VO region (tomorrow I hope) WX and time permitting,

Phil

In reply to G4OBK:

Hi, Phil,

it is very nice to hear that you, your XYL and the others had wonderfull time in FN. I spent €210 yesterday for some connectors, SWR meter, ECH83 tube and dual band 144/433MHz portable yagi antenna. On that events you can spend unlimited amount of the money, HI.

73, Milos S57D

First dissapointment: I bought a brand new Maldol 144/433MHz portable yagi antenna HS-FOX727. There are several parts missing in the package ( U-bolt, bracket, several spring washers, two wing nuts, cable clamp).

:-((((

73, Milos S57D

Hi Milos OM

Sorry to hear the bad news about the missing parts…difficult to sort out after the event. I haven’t checked the yagi out I bought yet so hope mine is complete.

Looking at my finances after the long trip I won’t get back to FN for a few years I reckon. Trips to EU have become very expensive for us now - especially the 50c toilets charge x 2 persons at the motorway service stations in Belguim, Luxembourg and Germany! (45p for a pee for one person at UK £ rates).

I hope you can find the bits to put the aerial together.

Phil