HAM RADIO 2009

In reply to G4OBK:

Hello Phil,

I wrote a letter to Maldol and I hope they will send me the missing parts. The antenna is working well on 144&433MHz, no critical parts are missing. Everything is expensive on the trip, I now that very well. Money makes the world goes arround, HI.

73, Milos S57D

In reply to G4OBK:

especially the 50c toilets charge x 2 persons
at the motorway service

Hi Phil,
not realy a SOTA topic, but maybe good to know to other “G´s”
driving trough Germany by car.
You can use those 50 cent-tickets for coffee, newspapers, etc.
within 12 months at any “Raststätte” with “Sanifair”.
http://www.sanifair.de/sanifair/system/funktion/index_en.php
You could sell them on E-bay as well…hi

Vy73 es cuagn
Fritz

In reply to DL4FDM:
Thank’s for the info…next time I will take a pee before I buy the coffee hi hi!

73 Phil

In reply to DD1LD:

Hi all,

Some photos of the Hamfest here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9883049@N05/sets/72157620900685688/detail/

Sri, I missed some calls/names, but I know you will help me

73 Alain F6ENO

Hi folks,
here are some extracts from my journey book…

Thursday. I packed my car with all the necessary stuff I could need for Ham Radio and, naturally, I didn’t forget my both portable stations. I left Munich in the morning surrounded with heavy rain clouds but as I drove near to the Bodensee the weather became quite pleasant to activate one more summits. I chosen OE/VB-111 and OE/VB-512 due to their proximity to F’Hafen and due to a great view down to the Bodensee…

…I was looking for a nice flat place for operating on the Pfänder, OE/VB-512. And I found a suitable one, but I saw someone’s portable mast with a stretched dipole. Aha! There was a guy setting up his station for SOTA, who could it be? “Hi, I’m DD1LD”. “Hi, OE8SPW…” Paul was kind enough to let me use his station and I started CQuing. I made a couple of QSO, gave QRX and left Paul alone struggling with the pileup. “See you tomorrow Paul”. “Sure…”

Friday. I just laid the last SOTA Flyers on the table as I saw the first international SOTA guest at the booth – Milos S57D came to visit us already in the morning and dropped a couple of lines in the guest book. The second “guest” was Algäuer Regional Manager Bernhard DL4CW followed by Axel DL6KVA…

…A couple of hours later two GMA team members arrived at the booth with new GMA flyers and SOTA/GMA stickers. I would like to express my personal gratitude to them! Hagen DG4PB and me had a long discussion about GMA in general and possibilities for collaboration between SOTA and GMA…

…As announced Phil G4OBK, Andy MM0FMF and Daryl G0ANV turned up at the booth and they were already expected…

… I made a loop in the pavilion A1 and was quite surprised to see the Slovenian booth with a huge SOTA logo. No doubt, Slovenians are “very active” activators…

…The international get-together succeeded. I personally was very glad to see many “Bergfunkfreunde” at the booth chatting with each other. I guess there were around 30 persons at the booth. Anyway, one case of Bavarian beer and one of “Apfelschorle” were empted with success, too!..

…As I asked Ruda, OK2QA what he was going to do tomorrow he promptly answered “I’m going to activate a summit near to F’Hafen…”

…In the evening Gerd DF9TS, Andy DL2DVE (both alpine regional managers) and me had supper in the fresh air close to the Gehrenberg DM/BW-348 sitting in the sun and enjoying a great view to the Bodensee. After that I activated this summit in FM doing some publicity for SOTA for half an hour. Let’s see, how many times the Gehrenberg and the Pfänder were activated during Ham Radio 2009…

Records in the guestbook: DD1LD, S57D, DL4CW, DL6KVA, OE7PHI, DL1DVE, DL3VTA, DF5WA, DJ5PN, F5NHJ, DF9TS, DG4PB, OE5EEP, OE9GWI, HB9AFI, DJ8LD, DL1FU, MM0FMF, G4OBK, G0ANV, HB9DOT, OK2QA, DG6TOM, DJ5AV, DL2LUX

Saturday. The SOTA-DM Manager Andy DL2LUX appeared at the booth and brought fresh supplies of SOTA flyers. After I had a little talk with him I got going again to find Alain F6ENO. Finally I succeed, many thanks to Alain for taking time for these very long discussions…

…“Wanted” Steve G1INK finally turned up at the booth and wrote a few lines into the guestbook. We very liked Steve’s record “Vote YES for P100!!!”…

…The Bergfunkers lunch was well attended. Phil G4OBK joined the lunch with his “taff” XYL Judy accompanying him on his recent SOTA tours. It was a pleasure to have with us Fritz, DL1FU in a very good mood. Berthold DF5WA came with his son Andreas DJ5PN…

Records in the guestbook: OE8SPW, F6ENO, OE5DIN, HB9BRJ, IZ0EWJ, DL4FDM, G1INK, DJ2GMS, DO1DJJ, HA5AZC, DL3JPN, DL3VTA, DL5MEL, HB9BAB, and we also saw a brand new QSL OE/G4OBK/p

Sunday. The last SOTA and GMA flyers and stickers were “out of stock”…

…I meet the SOTA-OE manager Christian, OE1CWA and a part of his team. We were talking about the current situation in the Alps and about common activation days/weekends…

…The guest book was still growing with QSL cards, photos and entries. I found a nice picture of DL5MEL and his horse Jacky who both activated the Orensberg according to the new SOTA General Rules…

Records in the guestbook: HB9BGG, OE1CWA, OE9WLJ, OE9HGV, OE9RWV

Summary.

Now I can recognize many activators and chasers by face if I come across them. It’s really great to personally meet all those people with whom I made hundreds of QSO but never saw before.

The international SOTA community is growing. There were many newcomers who would like to start with SOTA/GMA…

In conclusion, I would like to thank the DARC Committee for DX and HF-Contesting for their support and great ham spirit! And many thanks to all of you who dropped in at our SOTA corner!

See you at Ham Radio 2010!

73 de Dzianis, DD1LD

In reply to DD1LD:

Hello Dzianis,

thanks for the report. It was a really big pleasure to meet you and others, I hope to be there also in 2010 …

73, Milos S57D

In reply to DD1LD:
Thanks Dzianis,

We’ll continue to speak via internet…
So many things to say !

Best 73 and CU in 2010

Alain F6ENO