Guru, EA2IF is now Silent key (Part 1)

RIP

I don’t find my Words to explain my sadness.
We did so many QSO each other.
We change so great Spirit.
Life seems to be so unfair, but for sure 

Guru see you next.
Roger

2 Likes

Very sad news. Rest in peace Guru. My condolences to family and friends. Eternal flight on the air.

4 Likes

Very sad news indeed.

Although I knew he was very ill, I was still hoping he would make it. Had a QSO with him about a week ago, and somehow was always hoping to meet him on the air.

Met him for the first time in the forum and took advantage of his vast experience. Almost for sure he would always try to help.

Although I did not meet him personally, Guru you will be missed!

My sympathy is with his family and friends!

73s
Ingo

3 Likes

So courageous of Guru to keep on activating almost to the end and chasing when not well enough to activate on his birthday - my 15th QSO with him. His contributions to the Reflector will be much missed - a great loss to SOTA.
Guru RIP.
Rod

2 Likes

Sad to hear about Guru s death. I ll miss his regular calls. My condolences to his family and friends.
73 Bruno HB9CBR

1 Like

R.I.P. Guru
You will be missed by many. Condolences to the family.

73 Guru de Marek SP9TKW

1 Like

Very sad news!
I found more then 100 QSO‘s with EA2IF in my log.
Guru, your fine art of CW will be missed.
R.I.P.

73, Mario DJ2MX

1 Like

El pasado verano habĂ­amos quedado para subir juntos a EA2/HU-242 no pudo ser. Me hubiera encantado conocerlo personalmente, me quedo con las charlas telefĂłnicas, correos y muchas tardes en WhatsApp compartiendo info de caza de las cumbres USA y VE.
Descansa en paz, 73 de José.

5 Likes

Very sad news! He was a real fighting spirit and a formidable example for us all.

May the forever summits bring you peace Guru
73 de Csaba

1 Like

So sad.

EA2IF was one of those callsigns which was instantly recognisable. Both on the reflector & on air. I always looked forward to hearing Guru in the pileup.

His contributions to SOTA were phenomenal. He gave so much helpful advice to anybody who asked for it.

Although we all knew that he was very ill & that the prognosis wasn’t good, I still hoped that he would pull through.

The way that Guru remained active to the very end and the way that he battled his illness with courage & dignity is an inspiration to us all.

SOTA has lost one of it greats
a legend who will be sadly missed.

4 Likes

Sad news. RIP my friend.
Alain F6ENO

3 Likes

Today I found out about it. I so believed that this courageous man would win. And now he is no longer with us. I lost a friend with whom I was on the same wave. QSOs with EA2IF will remain in my log forever. Photos and his kind words will always be in my memory. To the tragic events of recent days, another, sad, has been added.
Guru, rest in peace.

Vlad

13 Likes

so sorry to hear the sad news ,sincere codolences to his family
Ray

1 Like

Me siento muy triste al escuchar esta noticia. Mis pensamientos y condolencias van a su familia, incluida su familia SOTA. DEP GurĂș.

1 Like

So sad to read this 
 I have no words.
RIP Guru
Luc ON7DQ

2 Likes

What a tough month we’ve had losing several of our SOTA community
I’m so sad to now hear about Guru. He was one of the few Europeans I could always count on working here from Colorado. After all the SOTA QSOs we had he started to feel more like a friend than just another operator. Guru epitomized all that is good in ham radio and SOTA. He will be clearly missed by all of us.

RIP OM

-Brad
WA6MM

4 Likes

My Dear friend Guru, what can I say
 We, the Family SOTA will miss you and for us you are a true Mountain Goat
 wherever you are, protect us, one day we will be together and we will have time to climb the mountains :slight_smile: .

Sincere condolences to your Family :frowning:

RIP :frowning:

Nuno CT2HOV

Mi querido amigo GurĂș, quĂ© puedo decir
 Nosotros, la Familia SOTA, te extrañaremos y para nosotros eres una verdadera Cabra MontĂ©s
 donde sea que estĂ©s, protĂ©genos, un dĂ­a estaremos juntos y tendremos tiempo para escalar las montañas :slight_smile: .

Mis pensamientos y condolencias van a su familia :frowning:

DEP :frowning:

Nuno CT2HOV

6 Likes

So sad to learn this news. But I am glad for Guru that he was able to remain fairly active right up to his passing. Condolences and prayers to his family.

Guru was one of the DX stations I could log successfully from our quite modest “summits” here in the upper midwest USA. He sometimes would follow up with an email, which might contain info to help me log more EU DX, or simply to say hi and thanks for the QSO.

We recently have lost several of the best among us in the SOTA community. While you still can, get out on the trail and activate, or fire up the home station and chase – but be radio-active and otherwise engage life as much as you can, as none of us knows when our days will end.

73/88 and RIP Guru.

Paula k9ir

15 Likes

After not having been much active at the SOTA scene last months, just logged on and saw this very sad news about Guru. I see in my log my last QSO with Guru was on 20 mtrs phone on January 30, 2022.
Tnx Ignacio for sharing and my condolences to Guru’s family.

RIP Guru

Coen, PA5KM

1 Like