Fun Conundrum

The Cloud has been activated 101 times by… ???

In reply to M1EYP:

When ascending do you see your own boot prints laid down on a previous occasion?

73, Gerald

In reply to M1EYP:
…the man in the yellow jacket?

In reply to M1EYP:

I think I know this one is it ‘some bloke with a radio’?

Is there any truth in the rumour that The Cloud is due to be de-classified as a SOTA summit as a result of erosion from your boots reducing it in hight?

Well done!

73 Steve GW7AAV

In reply to M1EYP:

My guess is M1EYP/p… a bit of lateral thinking.

You’ve also made 102 activations, and 103, 104, 105 etc.

Nothing even close so far. Like all good conundra, there may be a little lateral thinking required, but it’s certainly not a dumb trick question! Keep trying…

…and I don’t think any of the characters in the series - the Man in the Yellow Jacket, the Man with the Nasty Black Dog or the Female Thirtysomething branch of the Ramblers’ Society - are licensed! So it won’t be any of them.

When ascending do you see your own boot prints laid down on a previous occasion?

Yes Gerald. Every morning on my way back down.

In reply to M1EYP:

A wild guess…

Macc radio club.

Mike GW0DSP

No. The Macc club callsign has never been used up there (I don’t think anyway), and there has only been 4 or 5 occasions of multi-op activations from club members. If you’re talking about members of the club generally, well I have done it far more times than that myself anyway, so not that either.

However, I have to say you are a lot nearer than any previous suggestions.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:

The Cloud has been activated 101 times by… ???

How about non home G activators? ie GW, GM, LA etc, or by G activators?

Mike

In reply to M1EYP:

It wouldn’t be the dreaded INKY, would it?

Brian G8ADD

People other than you?

Timothy 2E0KEA

In reply to M1EYP:

M3EYP/P?

Brian G8ADD

In reply to M1EYP:The answer is obvious…CW

David

In reply to G6LKB:
I doubt it: you activate with CW, the CW doesn’t activate on its own…which somehow reminds me of how irritating I find it in the VHF bands reports in a magazine when the writer says …contacted the station of … as if the station was capable of doing the job without human intervention, though that may be on the horizon, now!

Brian G8ADD

Do you bring a dog with you on your activations? That knows … CW :o)

Peter

In reply to M1EYP:

When ascending do you see your own boot prints laid down on a
previous occasion?

Yes Gerald. Every morning on my way back down.

Ah you didn’t read the question Tom… I wrote “when ascending”, so the boot prints you see, assuming they are yours, must have been made on a previous occasion.

Anyway to the conundrum - I wonder whether you are talking about that well-worn 2m handheld you take with you, but I doubt even Jimmy could keep a tag on that. CW seems to be the logical answer - no doubt it is something far more involved than that.

73, Gerald

You’re all way out, apart from GW0DSP. There are elements of the correct answer in Mike’s two attempts.

Tom M1EYP

Activators other than M1EYP/P !

Stewart
G0LGS