FN Ham Radio 2022 Tour(s)

Good morning

I thought I would start a thread here for anyone driving to Friedrichshafen to indicate their likely activity when driving to and from the 2022 show, to be held on June 24/25/26th. Starting with my tour with Victor GI4ONL here is our outline provisional plan for our road trip. We are hiring a small car in Prague and staying in cheap hotels…

Tues June 21: Arrive Prague - too late for SOTA activation due to flight alterations
Weds June 22: OK/PL-090 (OL15SOTA & OK8VM calls) > DM/BM > DL/BE area (4 summits)
Thurs June 23: DL/AM > DL/AL arrive Gasthaus Stock, Friedrichshafen 1900 local (4 summits)
Fri June 24: 100% attendance at show NO SOTA
Sat June 25: Attend show, leaving at 1600 local to activate DL/AL-272 on way to hotel in Bollstenang
Sun June 26: DL/AL area (5 summits)
Mon June 27: DM/BM area (5 summits)
Tues June 28: DM/BM area (4 summits)
Weds June 29: DM/BM area (3 summits)
Thurs June 30: DM/BM area (2 summits)
Fri July 01: OK/PL area (2 summits)
Sat Jul 02: OK/PL-035 (Also OK/ST-021 if time) 1 or 2 summits OL15SOTA & OK8CDX calls

Also - asking for a friend - are you a UK SOTA activator looking for a one to two week road trip from UK to the Ham Radio Friedrichshafen doing SOTA en-route and also staying in cheap hotels? I know an activator looking for a navigator to share his car and the cost of travel. Please reply via PM message to me or via my QRZ.COM email address and I was provide more details. Must be an easy going person that gets on well with anybody.

73 Phil

8 Likes

Hi Phil,

Together with my wife we are going to Paris for our younger grandson baptism.
By our way are scheduled to activate some summits in DM/TH & DM/HE.
The above is scheduled for June 30 and July 01.
CU on S2S I hope :wink:

73, Jarek

2 Likes

Hi all,
We’re coming to FN via FL/VO and DM/BW region, and returning via DM/HE and LX/LX.
Since I’m joined by the YL now, gone are the days I can do 4 or 5 summits a day :frowning:
But hey, now I will finally have to behave like a ‘normal person’ and visit some tourist places I have skipped in the past, because they were not on a summit … :slight_smile:

Provisional schedule:
June 19: FL/VO-056 & FL/VO-060
June 20: FL/VO-080 (maybe also FL/VO-001)
June 22: DM/BW-008
June 23: DM/BW-101
June 25: Hamradio & SOTA meeting, and we’re open for a SOTA Dinner somewhere
June 26: DM/BW-348 & DM/BW-854
June 27: DM/BW-484
June 29: DM/HE-314 (or DM/HE-102)
June 30: LX/LX-005
That would still be 10 summits, not bad compared to the 20 summits I did during my last trip to FN in 2019, hi.

Hope to see a lot of SOTA friends in person or on the air!
Luc ON7DQ

6 Likes

We are planning a “mini Sota” Tour from Italy, with Luca Iz0Fyl and Maurizio Iu0Ktt just from 23 to 26th June, i will put some update here

73 And IW0HK

1 Like

I am also planning to do some activations on my way to FH … but just doing one summit per day.

I will be at the HamRadio on Friday and Saturday …

73 Martin, OE5REO

3 Likes

My plan is to stay in Lindau (on Bodensee) from Saturday, June 18th, till Saturday , June 25th, and then in Levico Terme (South Tirol) till June 29th. In addition to normal person’s activities (as Luc put it above), I’m thinking about a number of SOTA activations, weather and time permitting. In any case, I hope to be at the Fair all day on Friday and till the end of the announced SOTA session on Saturday. I look forward to meeting many of you over there…

2 Likes