Trip to France

As stated here:

and here:

our trip will start tomorrow :wink:

Alerts for tomorrow are on.

Dear activators & chasers - you are welcome to QSO.

73, Jarek

6 Likes

Many thanks activators and chasers for your support today

on DM/TH-004:

and DM/HE-001:

In total 71 contacts logged, 2 of them S2S, 1 DX - KD1CT :wink:

See you tomorrow :wink:

73, Jarek

7 Likes

Hello Jarek.
How long time you stay in Paris ?
Will you move around ? Any SOTA while Baptême ?
73 Roger

Hello Roger,

Time in Paris belongs to Family but on Monday I will move to Colmar where will spend a couple of days for SOTA :blush:

73, Jarek

3 Likes

Hello Jarek,

I suggest you a good SOTA in Paris … The summit is 300m height and has a good counterpoise … :rofl: :rofl:

Enjoy your trip to France, 73 Nico

Photo copyright Benh LIEU SONG CC BY-SA 3.0

4 Likes

Hello Nico,

Thank you for your suggestion.
You are right, this summit is really nice :smile:

I activated it before :blush:

73, Jarek

1 Like

DM/HE-003 :blush:

Activation absolutely not supported by WX ….

Chasers supported me - many thanks :blush:

73, Jarek

2 Likes

Activations in FL/VO are scheduled to start tomorrow.
See you on frequencies :wink:

73, Jarek

Many thanks to chasers who supported me in today’s initial FL/VO activation of FL/VO-021 :wink:

See you tomorrow, early start is scheduled :wink:

73, Jarek

2 Likes

Despite of hot WX yesterday I managed to activate 6 summits: 114 contacts logged, 6 S2S :wink:

Today 4 summits: 90 contacts logged, 12 S2S :wink:

Also DX in the log @KD1CT

Many tanks to all activators and chasers for your support :exclamation:

73, Jarek

3 Likes

Hello Jarek

Since there is no 150m prominence in the Vosges - but the 100m rule applies here, it has a fantastic density of 10 point summits. I think you could do 10 x 10 point mountains even on shortwave at this time of year… including antenna construction… and often I think it’s a bit unfair to other regions…

Yesterday I finished 5 summits at 12:30 and went home. Unfortunately you were always active when I was on my way from one summit to the other.

The distance from my home to the Vosges is very critical… It is very difficult for me to reach all the activated summits as a chaser in order to complete them. This is only possible as S2S… or sometimes on 60m.

I wish you a good time in the Vosges… it will probably bring you the 10th mountain goat .

73 Armin

2 Likes

Hi Armin,

Thank you for your wishes as well as QSOs including S2S :wink:

As you are frequent flyer to FL/VO I will stay tuned to chase you there - see you on frequencies :wink:

73, Jarek

1 Like

Back to trip results: today I managed to activate 6 summits.
130 contacts logged, 3 S2S :wink:

See you tomorrow, I will put the alert in the morning.

73, Jarek

1 Like

First class operation Jarek - well done. I only got three out of your six today due to other distractions. The FL/VO is a great area for SOTA and worth travelling to as you are finding! A long way from Poland though…

Watch out for Tour de France road closures tomorrow. The race has its first proper Summit finish on F/JU-027, Planches des Belles Filles - 1148m, 2 points, just outside the Vosges region where you are. The route, also passes close to many of the FL/VO summits:

I will be watching the race in the afternoon live on TV but will keep an eye on the spots for you and anyone else I have prospects of working.

Enjoy and 73

Phil G4OBK

2 Likes

Hi Phil,
Thank you for kind words and suggestions.
If not my grandson baptism in Paris, the decision to come here would have been much more difficult due to the distance from Poland.
As we travel by car, operational decisions are made faster and easier.
Tomorrow I will be near the TDF but I will try not to disturb them.
I am a huge fan of this race - we cheered for them with the whole family in 2010 in Luz-Saint-Sauveur:

See you tomorrow :wink:

73, Jarek

3 Likes

Great pics from TDF 2010 Jarek. The first time I ever saw a musette worn as a hat! What was in the glass hihi…

73 and have a good adventure tomorrow

Phil

1 Like

grafik

This year I noticed that the road to FL/VO-009 is closed to southbound travel from the approach to the summit. But you can reach the parking lot on the way to the Summit.

You can approach from the north, but you have to turn around again. You can’t go on to F/JU-027

But today the route is closed anyway because of the TdF

Maybe this info will help you.

73 Armin

2 Likes

Good luck with that Armin! (10 FL/VO region on HF in a day). As a chaser I will waiting to tick off the 10 summits in the day, although I imagine you have already done most of the likely summits previously.

73 Phil

Large parts of the Vosges, the Jura and the Black Forest are on my doorstep… that’s practically my must-do programme.

Everything else is the freestyle.

73 Armin

I think if you are smart then you can do 6x 10pts in FL/VO along the Routes des Cretes (spelling)

It’s on my return-to list. When I was there I was too interested in breakfast in the hotel in the morning and beer in the evening so only managed 4x 10pts a day. :slight_smile:

3 Likes