Fisrt SOTA activation

Hello all

This Sunday I will be on air with my friend Alf EA4R in my very first sota activation. We will try FM and linear Satellites in SSB and CW , VHF FM and some HF bands also in SSB and CW modes.

I will be happy to write you down in my log but please be patient it will be my first time… Who will be the first QSO??

Thnaks and 73’s!

10 Likes

I would concentrate on trying to do one thing on a first activation. Good luck!

1 Like

Good luck Ricardo. I’ll keep an ear open for you.

Nice callsign to hear in CW !!

David

I’m not pretty new in activations. Yes it is my first sota, but I think that I’m an experienced field operator, Mouro Island, Some spanish trig points, some new squares on Satellites. We are two hams climbing a little mountain to spend two hours or more in some modes… Thanks for your tips but I think that we can handle this!!!

Hope to hear you in the pile-up!

2 Likes

Thanks David,

Hope to hear you too…

1 Like

HELLO !
I will chase you :wink:

Rick EA4M/P is now on air from SOTA and he has already got a successful QSO with a HB0 station through the CAS4B satellite.
He said he will very soon be CQing though the CAS4A SAT around 145.870 phone.
Cheers,

Guru

2 Likes

Nice signal on 20m, 30m and 40m CW :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Tks new summit Ricardo, nice activation !
73 Éric

1 Like

Same here Ricardo !
73 QRO and welcome in the madness world: SOTA FEVER !

Glad to be on your log!
73 Fabio

GL EA4M!

Que Dios reparta suerte hoy.

I missed the early activity (bed lying) but with a lengthy activation we made the log later on 40m CW. A mega first activation from Ricardo using multi-multi modes - plainly a man of great talents, a true “all rounder”!

73 Phil G4OBK

3 Likes

Thank you guys but this activation would never have been possible without the help of EA4R Alf, he brings all the HF equipment ( FT-817 plus Dipole for 40-20 and 30 meters and fishing rod with ropes and all the stuff) and I bring two FT-817 plus arrow antenna.

It was an easy climb , despite of my vertigo but was funny and fast. We spent almost 3 hours on the top but the heavy temperatures in our area make us go down fast and wet.

Thanks to HB0TR the first QSO on CAS4-B satellite and to IK2LEY my first QSO in HF 20 CW. My first SSB in HF was EA2CE and the first one in CW on SAT was EA2LU a very special contact for me!!!

Thanks to everyone, I will post a short description of our activation with some pictures later in a new post.

73’s de Rick EA4M

2 Likes