First summits for winter bonus points 2023

Hi all just a quick post for this Friday 1 st December. I plan to activate 4 summits starting with GW/NW-042, GW/NW-043, GW/NW-044 and finally GW/NW-051. These will be 2M FM only as I do t think there will be time to complete them all if I use HF sorry to long distance chasers.
Paul
M0PLA

8 Likes

I will be out on the 3rd and 4th. Not 100% on what summits yet but a couple for sure.

2 Likes

I’ve made up a nice little list of easier summits to activate during the winter period to grab some bonus points - at the moment I have precisely zero of them. Trouble is, my plans were predicated on our having a mild winter, and instead we have a fair covering of snow already. Hoping for a thaw in December to grab at least a few bonus points for 2023…

1 Like

Hopefully from my QTH I will hear you on 2m FM.

Hi Paul @M0PLA ,

Nic and I will be up in the Lakes from Thursday night onwards. Aiming to do SOTA on Fri/Sat/Sun, so hope to catch you on 2m.

Hi Jesse @VE6JTW ,

As above, but will you have 10m SSB? I would guess that band gives us a chance at a contact.

73, Simon.

1 Like

No unfortunately I only have 40,30,20 meters on my mtr4b. One day I will get a kx2 haha

1 Like

Ah, no worries Jesse. Yeah, a KX2 is on my shopping list if I win the lottery :grinning:

73, Simon.

1 Like

Just to remind people…

The GM Association Winter Bonus starts tomorrow 30th November and runs to 14th March.

6 Likes

Good luck Paul!

I’ll see if I can get out and do GW/MW-013 and G/WB-003 this weekend, then I still get the points if I do the famous five with you in January

2E0JFJ.

1 Like

I’m hoping tax return season next year to buy one or a f4xc or whatever its called.

1 Like

I can hear all those summits from the home QTH! ill be listening on 2, till around dinner time, then i sadly have to go somewhere!

73 - Alan

2 Likes

I’m glad that I’ve already done most of the summits with bonus points in the region this year.

Within the next 10 days we are expecting over 100cm of fresh snow at the summits in the Vosges and the Black Forest… it will be exciting… then we will have completely different problems…

73 Armin

3 Likes

Thank You Paul for the information of Your forthcoming Activations today. I will certainly try to be in Your Log. Are You Activating alone? Have a great day my Friend. I hope the weather will be good and not too cold. I will be listening for You. Take Care. 73 de Paul M0CQE.

1 Like

Malen @VE6VID and Myself will be up VE6/HC-415 tomorrow at 1900z roughly. This is a first activation of this summit and my second summit ever with bonus points. Im quite excited!

2 Likes