First CW Activation

Hey guy’s!
I just wanted to say a huge thanks to my 6 chasers today on my first CW activation of VE6/RA-076 I stuck to 40m cause I figured 20 would land me a pile up and I’m not sure I’m quite ready for that can of worms maybe next activation, but it was phenomenal until someone intentionally QRM’d me so I called it quits also it was extreamly windy.

But all in all a great activation and I’m hooked on CW now ever more then before so thank you.

73 De VE6JTW

33 Likes

Congratulations Jesse with your first CW activation. Well Done. :partying_face: :beers:

73 Geoff vk3sq

1 Like

Thanks you !!

1 Like

Jesse, you make us proud!

1 Like

Thank you Paul that means a ton! I need to come out with you one of these days .

I’m glad you did.

…and i look forward to the first s2s with you! … in CW!

73 Armin

2 Likes

well done Jesse ! 73’s, Jean

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

I look forward to that as well!!

Thank you!!!

73 de VE6JTW

Good work Jesse! Glad to hear you on CW!
JOhn, K6YK

1 Like

@K6YK Thank you for being so patient with me!!

Congratulations! And the place looks fine.

73, Ludwig

1 Like

Good evening Jesse @VE6JTW

Congratulations from me too on your first CW activation :beers: :+1: I can only say, stay tuned :slight_smile: Maybe we will hear each other in a QSO.

73 Marcel DM3FAM

2 Likes

Good going. I hope to cross your path many times.
Carl WB0CFF

1 Like

Well done, my first CW Activation was this year as well. I also do some CW chasing to keep in practice.

40m today was manic so I think things can change day to day. 30m is worth a try if 20 and 40 are busy.

2 Likes

Congratulations! :smiley:
Look forward to an S2S one day.

2 Likes

@M5OTA Absolutely If I haven’t gone to work up north by The November Trans atlantic qso party happens I will definitely be on summit.

1 Like

I enjoy chasing summits as well and congrats to yourself as well for getting on the air via CW as well !

I’ve achieved a good bit in just under 11 months of being licensed but Code is the one I wanted to achieve the most.

73 de VE6JTW

1 Like

Congratulations on your first cw activation! Not to worry about the QRM. If you are running low power, the other op probably didn’t hear you. Propagation and antenna orientation are big factors. As low power operators, all we can do is move. Have fun doing SOTA.

3 Likes