Financing of SOTA

Just copied the donations link from the first post, above, and pasted it with my other SOTA stuff, passwords, etc. It will now be easy to locate again when time for the next donation

2 Likes

I pitched in a donation. I love this SOTA stuff.
Richard wa6kyr

1 Like

If you have any ideas of what might be wanted please let me know - PM me as this could become a convoluted discussion otherwise :smile:

2 Likes

Can I talk you in to putting the donate link on the home page? Thanks you guys make this hobby more fun!!
Gary Fuller KM5HG

2 Likes

Iā€™ve sent my donation via bank transfer.
tnx fer mni work fr SOTA!!!

1 Like

Thanks Barry for the very prompt delivery of the merch I ordered. Super quick delivery.

John

1 Like

Im in! SOTA is a lot of fun!

Keep up the good work!

Kent
N6WT

1 Like

Thanks for all youā€™ve done to make this program and activity such a success. Very happy to help support it!

73 Paula k9ir

1 Like

Thank You for all you do for the SOTA. Had some trouble
getting my donation in to you; but, I finally got it via PAYPAL.
I echo what others say, please figure a way for us to donate
on this side of the pond so we can use as a deductible. No
big deal but my donation was sent.
73 de John Paul // AB4PP

1 Like

I have added my 2 cents.

Scott WA9STI
Los Angeles, California
Eagle River, Wisconsin

1 Like

On the donations page there is no indication of the currency, it is a good guess that it is UK Pounds and following through to the paypal screens, you find that guess is correct. However, it would help people estimate the amount being donated if the currency was included in the text on the donation page.
Iā€™m another who rarely orders certificates or trophies, so donating periodically seems like a good idea, as suggested by Guru @EA2IF.
Many small donations spread the load.
Andrew VK1DA/VK2UH

3 Likes

I agree Andrew. I had a double-surprise. I had typed in a value, in my mind using US dollars. Then I saw it was in Br pounds. But before I backed out I did a search for the dollars to pounds conversion. And I was pleasantly surprised. The difference wasnā€™t nearly what I expected. So I just let it ride.

Vy73 ā€“ Mike ā€“ KD5KC.

1 Like

I purchased a hatā€¦ Not much I know but I plan on purchasing other items along the way hereā€¦
KC1CHJ - Steve

2 Likes

Donated
G0EVV

1 Like

Thanks for all you guys do - NY4G

1 Like

The Management Team, and in particular the IT gurus, would like to thank everybody for their incredibly generous donations towards the running costs of SOTA.

The amount of money donated in the last month (along with Award and Merchandise sales) has provided enough money to pay the costs of the servers , their communication links and associated software costs for the remainder of 2020 and, probably all of 2021 as well.

The response of the whole of the SOTA community is outstanding and we cannot thank you enough for the support you have provided.

73 Barry GM4TOE

SOTA Awards Manager

on behalf of the SOTA Management Team

12 Likes

Has the money run out yet? I order certificates as I qualify for them as my contribution but now that I have become a regular SOTAist do you need my donation?

1 Like

Barry is not available today to comment but Iā€™m sure heā€™ll say something soon. @GM4TOE

Iā€™m happy to donate! I couldnā€™t chase or activate SOTA without your services. Iā€™ve added a SOTA donation to my calendar to donate regularly.
73, Andy, N4LAG