Financing of SOTA

Donated as well.
And when I reach Mountaingoat (I guess in April or May) I will order all the awards so far in one go for each of the goat, shack sloth, S2S and so on. That’s a pile of paper already as I never ordered any.

73 Joe

2 Likes

done … :white_check_mark:

1 Like

I’ve ordered some Merch… thanks.

1 Like

Me too, let us know if you need anymore.
73 de OE6FEG
Matt

1 Like

Donated via paypal, thanks for all your hard work, will donate more later in the year.

1 Like

Hi All
I am still a relatively newbie to Sota but enjoy it loads, thank you to all that keep this running and I have just made a small donation thank you all again
Paul
M0PLA

1 Like

Donation made. Thanks to those that run SOTA.

David
G4ZAO

1 Like

I feel that any organisation that solicits donations ought to publish annual accounts so that donors know how their money is being spent. Ideally there should be some independent scrutiny, e.g. the kind of lightweight “independent examination” that small charities are required to have.

It sounds to me like SOTA’s budget is now large enough that we might reasonably expect financial transparency, even if its status does not make it mandatory. It’s just good practice.

Martyn M1MAJ

2 Likes

I don’t think SOTA needs to publish accounts, however the amount raised in total for this latest fund raiser should be published against the thread in a week or two time. I’m getting a little cheesed off with fellow hams telling one and all that they’ve donated to be honest. It’s just not necessary!

73 Phil

1 Like

First - many thanks to all of you for the donations (and orders), the response is absolutely amazing.
I will publish a note on just how much was raised (probably next week) but first I do have to deal with a pile of Awards and merchandise orders.

I would guess that the amount of the donations is roughly equal to the cost of providing the main servers for the next year

73 Barry GM4TOE
obo SOTA Management Team

11 Likes

If they are looking at this page, or logging, or using the database, donors already know how their money is being spent! What they don’t know is the huge investment in time that members of the MT make to continually improve and extend the facilities, the hours of work that it takes to produce the flow of new Associations, the hours of work that it takes to maintain the stream of certificates and merchandise. Our real capital in this world is time, because we only have a limited amount of it from cradle to coffin. Those volunteering to serve SOTA are spending it in prodigeous amounts!

(And I’ve got the easy job, I just have to keep an eye on the reflector! :grinning:)

11 Likes

:+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Not necessary but very convenient, as I’m sure many have got encouraged to go ahead and do it after seeing in this thread that so many others were doing it.
We humans often are imitating gregarious beings…
Cheers,

Guru

7 Likes

I just did it !
Tnx for the SOTA FEVER …
73 QRO

3 Likes

Me too!

3 Likes

Done Well done to all concerned

1 Like

Sometimes it takes a push:
I always wanted to donate … and I always wanted a SOTA T-shirt … now I finally did both :wink:

73 Armin

5 Likes

Long time since I ordered my last certificate - so time for a small donation. Hope it helps to keep SOTA IT-infrastructure going.

73 de Michael, DB7MM

1 Like

Would love to see lots more types of merchandise as well!

1 Like

I like to donate twice a year, and I think a good reminder would be new years and July 4th, which is a US holiday.

Elliott, K6EL

3 Likes