F4WBN - Now First World Chaser uniques

Yes he did,

Christian is now number 1 first as Chaser uniques.

He started Sota 3 years ago at the same time as me in order to follow me as a chaser during my mountain activations.
Very quickly he got into the game.
Accustomed to contacting OM on expeditions to different islands, he was equipped for chasing SOTA.
Indeed it has very efficient antennas and a very suitable location for chasing DX.

Thank you for your daily presence. Congratulations. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Alain F5ODQ

53 Likes

Always a happy feeling to get a call from Chris!

Dave, AE9Q in Tucson, AZ, USA

1 Like

Congrats Chris!

73, Peter (in FL/VO)

1 Like

Very impressive, congratulations

1 Like

Well done!

As many times as I’ve been worked, I’ve never heard his voice. 100% CW chasing me. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Being new to this and also new to HF, I just heard Chris for the first time last weekend as he gave me my furthest DX contact yet!

Thought maybe I was one of the activators that helped push him over this finish line since I was on a peak with only five prior activations, but nope. He was already in two of the previous logs!

Congrats Chris!

2 Likes

Why doesn’t that surprise me?

Christian is very active as a chaser and is often one of the first in my log. He has now become a permanent fixture for me as an activator alongside a few others.

In the evenings at home I sometimes tune into the qrg of stations that activate a summit in NA. I often hear the chasers from NA but not the station on the summit itself. And suddenly Christian shows up and calls these stations and I can hear him in his QSO giving out good reports.
Christian has a great station with good antennas… and! good operating technic!

Congratulations on this success!

73 Armin

5 Likes

Great job Christian. I always appreciate your call, and you’re often my first caller. You’re like an rbn from France letting me know my signal is getting out. Also, very fun hearing you at 599 from the Lake District peaks. A big thanks.

1 Like

Congrats, Chris! YOu’re my European beacon to the west coast. Many times you
are stronger than the USA SOTA activators, and I can tell if the bands are open to
Europe!
John, K6YK

3 Likes

Congratulations Chris! It can even happen that one can hear you via the backside of the globe. Enjoy offering us your ears! There are still summits and chasers that have not yet been in your log.

A la prochaine et vy 73,
Markus HB9DIZ

2 Likes

Félicitation Chris.
Always a pleasure to hear you.
Meilleur 73, Éric VA2EO

2 Likes

Superb Christian and well deserved. I am only just realising just how good you and your station are. :wink:

1 Like

It’s not an activation if you don’t hear from Christian.

Chris

2 Likes

As mentioned several times already, I can hear Chris when I have difficulty hearing anybody else during the summer doldrums, even at night! Sometime, I would like to know what your station consists of. When Utah SOTA activators meet for food, you are always the first topic of the discussion.

Greg, W7GA

1 Like

I can’t say more than what as been writen by others.
Being an activator, Christian is the strongest station on 40m and also other bands, mostly CW, but SSB too, and sometimes Christian helps when i try to have a S2S.
Congrats for this impressive score…
I hope you’l have many more summits in you log.
Gerald

1 Like

Congratulations again Chris! As everyone else has said you’re always the strongest station coming threw and always a reliable chaser. It’s always a pleasure to hear F4WBN come threw.

73 De VE6JTW

1 Like

Well Done Chris !!

always happy to hear you in ssb or cw !!

73 de IW0HK Andrea

1 Like

Fantastic Chris, always great to get you in my log!
Geoff ZL3GA

1 Like

Congratulations!
It always is a pleasure to hear you on a mountain. It was great to meet you in Friedrichshafen.
Martin DF3MC

1 Like

Christian, Very many congratulations for your great results in Chasing SOTA unique summits. 73 de Paul M0CQE.

1 Like