erroneous entry in summits database 20191222

Hello,

Wanted to update the summits database in the SOTAspotter Android app. Gets stuck at JA6/ON-004 with an “illegal data” error.
No complaints when updating the database in Log4OM.

73, Markus HB9BRJ

Hi Markus,
I can confirm your findings - the download completes OK and then as the import of the individual associations and regions into the local database takes place - it gets to 22% and then fails on the JA6/ON-004 record - I have done this twice now, so it definitely is a repeatable problem. As you say Log4OM has no problems with the file, I wonder if something is different in SOTA Spotter or Log4OM is less precise in data validation?

73 Ed.

There’s an activation for that summit where someone has not entered an Activator callsign. I will fix it in the database, but it may take a day for the summitslist to catch up.

Thanks Andrew,
I saw the missing callsign but didn’t think that would affect summit details but it seems SOTA Spotter must pull all the data then.

73 Ed.

Well, that’s the only anomalous data there, so it is most likely the issue. Fixed now.

@VK3ARR, apparently JA6/ON-041 has the same issue. Is the activator the same as for ON-004?

Never mind. It is the same activator, and I’ve corrected it in the db for SOTA Spotter.

@DD5LP, @HB9BRJ if you try updating again it should work.

Bogdan YO3SAW

1 Like

Thanks Andrew and Bogdan for the quick fix.
SOTA Spotter database update is running fine now.

73, Markus HB9BRJ

1 Like

Just confirming, all OK here now as well - so that must have been the issue.

Thanks Andrew.

73 Ed.