Eric, KG6MZS, New SoCal MG

I’m happy to share that Eric, KG6MZS, achieved Mountain Goat on Monday from Cirque Peak, W6/SS-085. Not only did he pick a beauty of a summit, he managed to put three continents in the log.
Welcome to the herd, Eric!
73, David N6AN

13 Likes

Congrats Eric! :beers:

2 Likes

Congratulations Eric on achieving Mountain Goat.

Jimmy M0HGY

2 Likes

Congratulations Eric!

73 de VE6JTW

1 Like

Congrats Eric and very best regards,
Chris F4WBN

2 Likes

Thank you David! And thank you everybody in this wonderful program for creating and supporting such motivating FUN! Summits on the Air has reinvigorated my passion for mountaineering and amateur radio. This program has been a healthy, healing, happy addition to my life. Thank you all.

I wish I could’ve stayed longer and gotten more of you in the log (I’m looking at you David), but my turnaround time had come and gone as it was.

Here is a write-up of last week’s adventure. It’s a bit wordy but you can always just scroll down to the pretty pictures. There was a bit of drama on this one – as there often is on an ascent – so enjoy:

Truly regards – 73 – to all of you!

Eric Fitzgerald
KG6MZS

3 Likes

Thanks Chris – and thanks for following me up in real time via share.garmin.com/kg6mzs. I kinda wondered if anybody ever did that. I should have expected that from a super-chaser. :wink:

73 Eric KG6MZS

Congratulations Eric!!

73 Howard KE6MAK

1 Like

Congrats Eric!

2 Likes

Congratulations Eric! That sounds like it was a real adventure!
Mike

2 Likes

Vongrats, Eric and thanks for all the QSOs !
John, K6YK

2 Likes

Thanks Mike, I was very happy to get you and W6LOR in my Goat log. You two are not only very respectable radio people but consummate mountaineers as well. I always look forward to hearing you on.

73 Eric KG6MZS

3 Likes

Thanks John for all the chases that helped to make it happen!

73 Eric KG6MZS

1 Like

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS Eric! Welcome to the herd! Your write up about your Goat Summit is fantastic. You write the best summit reviews! Keep up the good work on your way to double MG :wink:

Ron K6CPR

2 Likes

You certainly picked an epic summit for your MG day! Nice work, Eric…

2 Likes

Thanks for the flowers CPR Ron. I love this program! I’m glad to share.

73 Eric KG6MZS

1 Like

Good to get you in my Goat log Josh. After you, Darryl and Chris stopped by I was afraid it was going to be another “dry” activation like Mt. Hooper a few years ago when I only logged 3 contacts. Thanks for being there.

73 Eric KG6MZS

1 Like

Congrats Eric. We have only had 2 SOTA qsos and one on ft8 in 2020. Don’t think I’ve used it since then;)

I love the pics and stories on your blog and your videos.

2 Likes