Dusted off the Ten-Tec Today

Thanks, Josh!
73, Mike

Today’s entry: @w6der

1 Like

Today’s entry: @N6AN

Bonus: @W5BOS chasing David just before me.

1 Like

My best and most fun chase of the day Today was Manuel @HB9DQM (of SOTLAS fame) on a first activation of KH6/HW-004 on 10 meters. Thanks for the QSOs Manuel!

3 Likes

Nice contact Josh. I worked him from NM also with the KX3 (100w…I know that’s cheating), but on 18Mhz. He was a bit weaker on that band for me. I copied him on a couple more bands to but forgot which ones since I had already worked him.
Hope to work you again from a summit soon…whether you activate or I do…or hopefully both.
73’s
Tim - K5DEZ

3 Likes

Thanks Josh (and Tim!) for the QSOs and the recording! So far I‘ve had much better luck on 10m from Hawaii than on 15m and 17m. Could also be something to do with my antenna; the setup today in the “jungle” wasn‘t ideal. I was using 10 W – couldn‘t be bothered to bring the amplifier this time :see_no_evil: And this is why:

More photos on SOTLAS: KH6/HW-004

73 and until next time! :smile:

Manuel KH6/HB9DQM

3 Likes

Hi Manuel,

Unfortunately I could not hear you on any of the bands I saw your spots on. I did hear faint signals from some chasers in W6 land.

73 Andrew VK1DA/VK2DA

2 Likes

Thanks, Josh!
In honor of making the thread here is a view from the summit (W7A/MN-154) with my next peak to the right (MN-076). It was a gorgeous day! My KX3 to your KX2.
72, David N6AN

4 Likes

Any more photos like that and you’ll get me very jealous.

1 Like

Today’s Entry is Andy @N4LAG:

5 Likes

Today’s entry is Roland @K7FOP

3 Likes

Today we have a twofer! Tim @K5DEZ and Carol @K5TFL:

I chased the other ops on that summit too, but didn’t make a recording. Thanks for the QSOs!

2 Likes

Giving our friend John K7JRO some CW practice on a summit Today… this one is QRS:

4 Likes

Today’s entry is a SSB chase of @KF7NP

Thanks for another one Burke.

1 Like

Another one with @NU7Y - thanks Quinton!

1 Like

Hi Josh,
Thanks for the contact and the recording of our QSO. It is always interesting to hear what the other stations are hearing. I appreciate the effort all the chasers make to work us SSB only activators.

I did have several other contacts during yesterday’s activation.

This was my guide part way to the summit.

This one was doing an antenna inspection.

Burke
KF7NP

4 Likes

Thanks, Josh. I appreciate the video. CUAGN

Q

1 Like

Today’s entry… another one with Andy @N4LAG (thanks Andy!). This time using my MTR3 that was modified for 17m. Putting out about 2 watts.

Bonus: I got a ‘new’ Ten-Tec. The transmitter is broken. It will make it’s SOTA debut hopefully next week after the new finals arrive and I have time to install them. Until then, please enjoy some smooth Ten-Tec audio of Rich @AC7MA working the pileup on 20:

-Josh WU7H

2 Likes

I liked the user interface (controls, knobs and buttons) of the argonaut V much better than the VI. The VI must have been built under the direction of the cost cutting folk in the company, minimal knobs and controls, inconvenient multi purpose controls, etc. They made using an otherwise lovely radio into a chore. Can’t beat that continuously variable bandwidth…

Andrew VK1DA/VK2DA

3 Likes

Today’s entry is Dave @N0DET

Thanks for the QSO Dave!

Update on my Argonaut V: finals ordered, should be here next week!

1 Like