DM / OK SOTA Expedition (10..12 summits between 17..19-July)

Planned several times, prevented several times (a heavy flu, a very bad weather forecast, a crisis in the office and lastly Corona…), but not forgotten:

I will set up for 3 days of SOTA activations in the border area between SE Germany and the Czech Republic, about one hour driving from home. The hotel is booked, the weather looks not that bad, the equipment is ready - and the summits are planned.

FRI 17-Jul:

• DM/BM-345 Kalvarienberg
  • DM/BM-339 Rauher Kulm
  • DM/BM-337 Hesserberg
  • DM/BM-174 Platte

SAT 18-Jul:

• OK/KA-013 Dylen
  • OK/KA-018 Cuprina
  • OK/PL-039 Jezninec
  • DM/BM-323 Entenbühl

SUN 19-Jul:

• Participation in OK VHF/UHF Contest
  • DM/BM-321 Fahrenberg
  • OK/PL-022 Primda
  • DM/BM-349 Hungerleite

Will try to stick to this plan as much as possible, but lots of things can happen or go wrong of course…

Plan is to be active from each summit on 20m and 40m while not aborting any pileup. I will post alerts for the summits before (ETAs +/-), the time plan looks somewhat mature.

Equipment will be Yaesu FT-817 with external battery, feeding 6…11 Watts into a linked dipole 20/40m, as with all my previous activations.

Looking forward to some challenging and interesting days - and hearing many of you :wink:

Thomas DB4LL

6 Likes

Tired, but safely back from my expedition, really something to enjoy!

173 SSB QSOs from 11 different summits, 47% on 20m, 53% on 20m. Conditions were variable, especially in the (late) afternoons the 40m band was often a challenge.

Thanks to all the chasers, you really made my days :slight_smile: It was always a pleasure to talk to you, especially the regular chasers who stayed with me over the whole expedition. A short ranking:

1st) Manuel EA2DT - 10 of 11 summits, inclusing 3 summits both on 20 and 40m
2nd) Bill G4WSB - 9 of 11 summits
3rd) Don G0RQL and Kyriakos SV1RVJ - 6 summits
5th) Pedro EA2CKX, Eric F5JKK, Jan SM5LNE, Mariusz SP9AMH and Fabio IK2LEY - 5 summits, with Fabio including 2 S2S QSOs
And lots of other chasers, from 24 DXCCs in total.

Looking forward to hear you again during my next expedition - planning already started :wink:

73 de Thomas DB4LL aka DB4LL/P aka OK/DB4LL/P

3 Likes