Datamodes Challenge Flavour, 1st-7th February 2020

Nice idea. We could make a sked for that.

1 Like

Thanks for this screenshot.
I didn’t know where to put the ref.
This weekend, I will try to perform my first FT8 activation.
See you on the air!
73 at All

1 Like

Thanks @M1EYP , that’s FT8 covered.

RTTY frequencies?

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+are+the+rtty+frequencies%3F&s=l

I will most likely be active from Saturday morning from LA/RL-011. If I go, it’ll be JS8call / FT8 on 80 and 40 meters, that should work great with northern Europe and UK. I’ll post an alert on Sotawatch when I know for sure.

Nice.

Specifically, what I meant was “are there specific frequencies that SOTA folks use for RTTY”?

There’s few enough chasers around that Digi modes seem to stick to the normal watering holes for each mode and grab any QSO they can

I was planning on chasing. Did a few FT-8 exchanges yesterday on 20 and 40m so I know the gear at home works. (IC-9100 into a fan dipole).

I don’t see many alerts up though. Maybe they will come as “informational” spots a bit before when it all gets going?

Compton

Prefer FT8 in this but I have never yet managed to get any contacts on SOTA…but will keep trying.
Nope won’t bother again…

73 Allen

Thanks Tom for QSO
73 QRO Roger

2 Likes

80m FT8 S2S with Simon G4TJC - VFB!

3 Likes

Apparently VK was worked short path on 12m FT8 from GW-land this weekend.

1 Like

Thanks for S2S Tom. First time for me I think.

My least favourite SOTA picture? Don’t look too closely or you’ll see the litter!

1 Like

Hi Guys,
I activated I/LO-252 in ft8 with 9 qsos, it was my first ft8 activation.
more details 02/02/2020 I/LO-234, 250, 252 IK2LEY & IW2OBX

Many spots but only a few european qsos,
40mt

!
30mt

20mt

thanks at All Chasers!

5 Likes

Ah, FT8 was a bust for my activation today. Whereas the trusty little Netbook was good for a couple of test QSOs Friday night, today in the field Ubuntu decided the audio subsystem should take the day off :(. I tried, but no joy.

73, Jim KK0U

I flailed at it today on FT8 20 metres with success (9 contacts) but so much more to learn about WSJT-X.

Malen
VE6VID

3 Likes

I plan to be active in PSK31 and FT8 this Wednesday 05-Feb, sometime between 8:00 and 12:00 UTC. Plan is to activate 2 summits in DM/BM association, on 40m and/or 20m. Alert will follow, will also spot when QRV.

73 de Thomas DB4LL

1 Like

Tnx Simon for QSO
73 Roger

1 Like

I failed QSO with G4AZS/P cosly I always heard that FT8 doesn’t need any operator.
Then I had to leave my shack and I was sure to valid the QSO.
When I came back I could see my mistake.
If you want to succeed QSO, you have to be in front your equipment :crazy_face:

I heard you and tried calling S2S on FT8, but you were very weak :frowning:

Operated from LA/RL-065 Vardafjellet, and got 8 digi in the log (7 FT8 and 1 JS8call)

3 Likes