Database updates

A considerable number of updates from the HB association have now been integrated into the SOTA Database.

The forthcoming Czech (OK) association data is ready to upload to the database in the next few days.

In reply to M1EYP:

Updated Swiss ARMs online.

In reply to G3CWI:
Any idea as regards SV/MC-004 & SV/MC-005 which were supposed to have been added by now ??

In reply to G4JZF:

Nothing has been received from Greece. Sorry.

Richard

In reply to G3CWI:
MANY THANKS

In reply to G3CWI:

Richard, the database allows activations for the new GM/SS summits to be entered. However, the summits link on SOTAwatch2 for GM/SS summits still has the old summit data. No rush but it needs a tweak when someone is next updating the site.

Thanks in advance.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

Andy, it also has a couple of Welsh alterations, a large number of new Swiss summits, and the whole of the forthcoming Czech association to recognise too. I understand SW2 is not auto-updating itself from the Database every 24 hours at present, so Jon GM4ZFZ is manually instructing it to read updates from the Database. Perhaps he is waiting for the OK association to go on the main Database then SW2 can update in one fell swoop.

In reply to M1EYP:

Thanks Tom for the status update. I have a few route notes to put on when it gets updated but there’s no rush.

Andy
MM0FMF

The OK association data has now been uploaded to the SOTA Database. The summit lists will not appear there until the programme launch date of 1st May, but a sneak preview will be available via the “Summits” link here on SOTAwatch as soon as Jon has got SW to update itself.

In reply to M1EYP:
Is there a summary of how many summits are listed in each SOTA region within each country?
73 de CRIS
GM4FAM

In reply to GM4FAM:

Yes. SW2 shows this:

http://www.sotawatch.org/beta/summits.php?assoc=14

Richard

In reply to M1EYP:

Just done a summits, chaserlogs and activations import so hopefully everything is as it should be.

73, Jon

Not quite - the OK association hasn’t appeared.

In reply to G3CWI:
Mni tnx Ric - will take a look.
CRIS

In reply to M1EYP:

Not quite - the OK association hasn’t appeared.

Ah yes, should be there now. Looks like we’ve got character problems however. Could you send me the original data please Tom?

73, Jon

In reply to M1EYP:
As Tom (EYP) has mentioned there has been a couple of updates to the Welsh summits with the Welsh ARM now at version 1.6.

Edmunds Tump (GW/SW-020) has been renamed as Graig Syfyrddin and Waen Claerddu (GW/MW-005) has now been changed to Llan Ddu Fawr.

This is in accordance with the updates from the RHB/Marilyns source.

Roger MW0IDX

In reply to MW0IDX:

I have updated my notes on SOTAwatch to reflect the change of name. The new name is equally confusing as on the 1:25000 map it is the name of the area by the trig. point. The true summit is actually 500m to the NNE, however the trig. is in the activation area.

Who is going to be the second person to activate this summit? I would like to get it in my chaser log! It is possibly a bit drier up there now, so is anyone up for it?

73 John GW4BVE

In reply to GW4BVE:

Hi John,

I have this one on my summer list… for obvious reasons. If we have no rain in the next few weeks, then maybe sooner rather than later. Hopefully Memory Map in conjunction with the GPS will guide me away from the boggy bits. Did you take a track on the way out?

Can’t say I like the new name for Edmunds Tump… my first chaser point came from Richard ERP on that one.

73, Gerald G4OIG

In reply to G4OIG:

Hi Gerald.

Sorry no. I did this one 2 years ago which was before I started keeping GPS tracks of each walk. The only documentation I can offer is my report which is published on SOTAwatch in a modified form. I can offer you company if you will stay at the summit while I exit the area and chase it!!!

73 John GW4BVE

In reply to MW0IDX:

Roger

The NGR of Maesglase in the database is not correct. It should be SH817150 according to the April 2006 RHB update. In view of the change then the name should probably be simply Maesglase and not Maesglase - Maen Ddu.

Any thoughts on this?

73 John GW4BVE