Current procedure for Callsign change at SOTA database, reflector, etc

Hi Andy @MM0FMF,
A number of one letter suffix callsigns have been issued in EA and I guess some of them are participants of the SOTA programme. At least 2 of them are friends of mine and I wanted to help them to manage their callsign change. A search on the Reflector took me to this thread and I just want to be sure that this is still valid now that we have the new database and the SSO.

My two SOTA participants friends with new flamant one letter suffix are:
Alfonso EA4CWN ==> now EA4R
Ricardo EA4ZK ==> now EA4M

Could you please, confirm that the instructions in that thread are still valid for the new database and the SSO?
If they are OK but you still want to rewrite something to make it cristal clear, please, do it and I’ll prepare a translation of such instructions into Spanish to inform the EA community about how they should proceed after their callsign change, as I guess there may be more SOTA programme participants than my 2 friends needing to change their callsigns on their database and SSO, etc
Thank you and 73,

Guru

4 Likes

If I understand things right, what they should do is logging in SOTAwatch, after clic on the own callsign box displayed at the top right corner, clic on Update Account, the top one of the two options in the dropdown menu.

This will take us to the following page:

My understanding is that the new callsign holders should write their new callsign on the Callsign box which we can see highlighted in blue in the above image and write the previous callsign on the Alternative Callsigns box at the bottom of the page.
Is that right?
Is that all they will have to do?
Thank you.

Guru

3 Likes

Users of the reflector are not currently managed by SSO but have to be changed directly in the reflector admin system so I have changed them and they now need to sign in with those call signs. Passwords remain the same.
Jim

2 Likes

Thanks Jim. So I assume they will have now to sign in to the Reflector with their new callsign, while they will still have to keep using their old callsign to log in to the database and all the sites managed by the SSO, right?
Can you also confirm whether the operations I described in my previous post for them to update their callsign are correct and that’s all they will need to do?
Thank you!

Guru

3 Likes

Yes. It is important that changes go through this web page now and that SOTAwatch2 and the old database are going to be shutdown. Changes need to be made on here so that the correct server gets updated. It also means that other websites like SOTL.as and apps like sotaspotter etc. see the updates too.

And yes, it’s a bit of pain at present but that is what comes when you provide two dissimilar servers. It will get better!

4 Likes

They may have issues using the old database if they update via SSO, in which case it’s a perfect time to try newsotadata if they aren’t already (old database will only be around for a little while longer)

3 Likes

Two Andrew’s speak with one mind!

4 Likes

Ruin for the hills!:grinning:

3 Likes

What’s the recommended procedure for getting a callsign changed in the admin system? Just a quick message through the Contact SOTA link? I’m now K7IW, but still have my old KG7GAN handle on the Reflector.

Also, I did find the SOTA FAQ on callsign changes, but it doesn’t mention the reflector.

1 Like

Your Reflector ID is now K7IW. You may have to sign out and back in to see the change.
73 Jim

1 Like

Hi @G0CQK , would it be possible to get my SOTA Reflector username updated to “N7KOM”?

Thanks & 73.

1 Like

Done. You may need to sign out and back in again.
73 Jim

2 Likes

Hi, @G0CQK , would it be possible to get my SOTA Reflector callsign updated to “BX3ADS”?

Thanks & 73.

1 Like

Your Reflector ID is now BX3ADS. You may need to sign out and back in again to see the change.
73 Jim

1 Like

Hello, Jim

Could you please change my callsign on reflector sota site to SP2RM as it is my new callsign after moving to Poland.

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please could you change my to M0LZN

Changed. You may need to log out and back in.

1 Like

The F is no longer needed, BNetzA confirmed. Could somebody change my callsign to DG7AC? Tnx!

Ahoi
Pom

Changed. You may need to log out and back in.

And since looking at your account info I now know why you’re “Pom” :wink:

1 Like