Cream tea - sun 31 aug

In reply to G1INK:
Hi all
There nearly 3,000 hat/fancy dress on ebay

Lee any news on the Farmer letting us use the quad

In reply to 2E0NHM:
Hi Nigel spoken to the grouse moor keeper today and he cant see it being a problem, but he is going to speak to farmer on thursday, so its looking good mate !!! he he he , cant wait !!

Lee

In reply to G0HDX:
If you have no objection to sharing with Ermintrude then I can give you a lift

In reply to G6DDQ:
Hi Myke
Will share with anything or anyone.
Roy G0HDX

In reply to G0HDX:
You will most definetly woo the day you share with Ermintrude and Myfanwy. They are gorgeous yet very taxing.

Will be getting there early, so would recommend 0930 (Lancashire Time) pick-up. Not sure of QTH and not too familiar with Accrington. Would the old “White Base” Lancashire County Council Ambulance Control on Broad Oak Lane be OK ? Will listen 433.5 M/cs on 31 / 8

In reply to G6DDQ:
Ambulance controle would be fine Myke. Will call on 433.5.
Roy G0HDX

Jimmy and I, and possibly Liam hope to attend Myke. It may be scuppered by Jimmy’s commitments with Air Cadets, but hopefully we will be there.

I intend having 2m and 40m set-up, with the option of 70cm, so we should have somewhere to go to avoid other ops at any stage.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:

Great news Tom. Look forward to seeing yourself, Jimmy and Liam. With Jimmy’s committment to the ATC does this mean all three of you will be arriving in a Long Tailed Yellow Chopper - soon to become a rather rare bird.

Notwithstanding the fact that such an approach would make the activation invalid according to SOTA General Rules, no it will be conventional drive/walk travelling for us.

Jimmy has been for a few flights in trainer 'planes over the Merseyside and Fylde coast, but has never been offered a helicopter flight over the Forest of Bowland!

Tom M1EYP

Have spoken with Billy 2E0WJC and we will be there.

No idea where Im going but I will find it.

73 Chris

In reply to 2E0FSR:
Hi Chris

A65 to Skipton
A59 to Clitheroe (go into town)
B6478 from Clitheroe towards Slaidburn
After Waddington look for mast on left.
Just after mast there is a cattle grid
Park in large space immediately on right.
Easington fell is the little rise to east.

Roger G4OWG
Not had pass signed yet but looks promising.

In reply to 2E0FSR:

Hi Chris,
Notwithstanding Rogers directions being spot on, all info you need inc grid refs, car parking, talk in freq’s etc are all in the Special Events section on www.sotaforum.co.uk, both Myke and I are currently working on a schedule and logistics plan as it seems there will be in excess of 20 people there, so we are trying to minimise impact on surroundings, also allow as little disruption to the normal use of the car park, and also organise food contributions (cream tea) and finally the area around the little wood at the top is favourite for activations and it would be crazy to allow any and all activators to put up antennas and radios everywhere, so we were thinking along the lines of a decent 2m beam to be erected and a multiband trap dipole for HF so that they will become semi permanent fixtures for the day and can be “plugged into” by anyone to use, as there will be a multitude of adaptors to facilitate rig swapping if required, otherwise there will be chaos on the hill.

Hope this helps

Regards
Lee
M0LMP

In reply to M0LMP:

If parking is tight, I dont mind someone double parking behind my car, its a goldish Kia C`eed.

In reply to M0LMP:
Hi Lee i have a five Elle 2m beam do you want be to bring it ?. all ready to go.
Regards Nige

In reply to 2E0NHM:
Hi Nigel, just incase you didnt visit sotaforum.co.uk, we got some bad news about the quad, sorry mate, but not allowed on land this time.

Go see article on sotaforum.

Regards
Lee

In reply to G6DDQ:
It would appear that this event is being used as a means for a petition for humps and not for the original idea of just cream team with no hidden agenda.

Although the principle of smaller summits is agreed then with the undertones expressed I shall not be participating.

I wish you all the best

In reply to G6DDQ:

Thanks Myke for the best wishes, we will try our best.

There is breaking news on www.sotaforum.co.uk in the special events section.

Regards

Lee

In reply to G6DDQ:
Will be there Silly hat and all!

In reply to M3VQE:

Great news Martin, not seen you for a while, thought you had moved up to Lancaster !!

M0LMP

In reply to M0LMP:
I am back and forth mate, dependent on the day of the week and other factors, and lancaster really isn’t that far anyway Burnley to Lancaster=40mile trip