Cream tea - sun 31 aug

In reply to M0LMP:

Lee

This looks it is going to be huge.

Would it be possible for you to organize the radio system / talk in etc and I can get the goodies organized

Lets hope for good weather

In reply to M0LMP:
i have a quad
73 Barry 2E0PXW

In reply to 2E0PXW:

In reply to M0LMP:
i have a quad
73 Barry 2E0PXW

In reply to All:

Myke, Sorry to be a pain, but due to the logistics and details needed like posting of photos, images, maps etc, can we move this project to the old sota forum site, www.sotaforum.co.uk, most people who are joining us are already members on there, so shouldnt be too much hasstle.
No probs on organising talk-in I can take care of that, I also have some little orange pointers (like they use for film locations) so I can place these on lamp posts in the villages at junctions so people know which direction to go in, dont mind at all.

Barry, thanks for the offer of the quad, but how would you get it up here ? I have access to the farmer who rents the land on which we need to travel, but didnt want to approach him until I know we have a quad.

Ok all, I will start a thread on the other forum, www.sotaforum.co.uk and it will be in Summit Special Events.

Cheewrs all
Lee

In reply to M0LMP:
in my car/van (renault espace)

In reply to 2E0PXW:
Fantastic News, ok Barry, will speak to the farmer tomorrow, I do a bit of shooting on the land next to his farm so will check and if all ok that would be great !! what a great day this is turning out to be !! thanks to all,

Lee

whats the quad for hf or vhf?

what gear do you want bringing?

In reply to G0AOD:

No it’s transporting Nigel to the top as his ankle is not too good at present!

Sounds like excellent fun will be had. I’ll see if I can find a suitable GM lump to climb for an S2S on VHF.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to G0AOD:Hi
Quad motor bike for me and lee had a big op on my ankle.
Regards Nigel

In reply to 2E0NHM:
Hi Lee
Will a Quad get to the summit ok ??

In reply to 2E0NHM:

Yeah sure, no probs at all, Barry is going to bring quad, I just have to get it cleared from Farmer tomorrow.

Lee

In reply to M0LMP:
Hi Lee any luck

In reply to 2E0NHM:
Can anyone hitch a lift, sounds like good fun again, hope to see the photo’s on here.
Steve m0sgb

In reply to M0SGB :

Hey Steve, dont wait for the photos, come and join in the fun !!

Lee

In reply to M0LMP:
Hi Lee, sorry will be out in other parts that Beer can’t reach hi hi, away for the week with caravan, hope one and all enjoy the fun day, I see not many other posting from other directions, wonder if any one else will turn up, to activate the little hump ? should have gone to spec savers and done a big summit,
Steve m0sgb

In reply to M0SGB

You will get your wish next time. Its where the purple cows come from…

In reply to G6DDQ:
Phil G1OPV and I Roy G0HDX would be interested in going if we could get a lift as there is now no bus sevice up that area anymore.

As for the hat, not being a hat person where does one buy these silly hats or any hat come to that.
Roy G0HDX

In reply to G0HDX:
Hi Roy ask Myke
Will a white handkerchief with 4 knotes in do
Regards Nigel

In reply to G0HDX:

As for the hat, not being a hat person where does one buy these silly
hats or any hat come to that.

A hat shop.